cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JY-WH71(WX) Windows 10 Reinstall Questions

The_Guru
Level 7
So, just got my G751JY-WH71(WX) (The 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD with GTX 980M, Windows 10 and G-Sync version from Best Buy) back from ASUS service center. They replaced the SSD which has gone bad (though it was less than 6 months old, bad flash memory I suppose).

Anyways they set the default user account as asus so all of my files are stored in C:\Users\asus which is quite annoying. I wanted to do a fresh install anyways. What all do I need to get everything running right, ROG key, m1, m2, m3, capture key, ASUS webstorage, etc.

Looks like it is the Intel Dual Band version, not sure on the Bluetooth but it looks like intel as well. AT anyrate will be using a custom .iso made from the base windows 10 disc, I don't foresee any issues on the actual windows install front as it should just read the key from the bios unless things have changed since the G750 Win 8s (which I did an install of win 8 just fine on)
4 REPLIES 4

Clintlgm
Level 14
Here is all the answers to your quest https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?76993-Guide-How-to-install-windows-8-8-1-10-The-proper-way... Asus Support Downloads is where you will find all your drivers and Asus Software, Have fun with that Clean Install
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Yeah, looked at the stickies before posting, and was having a bit of a hard time following that. IDK if it's just too late in the day or what.
Anyways, I think the first post doesn't apply to mine and I should follow from post #2? Was hoping for a more clear-cut answer.
AS for the drivers, yeah I know where to get those XD. I looked at the support page for my model (also before posting) that's not the issue. Was having trouble figuring out which ones to DL, to make sure everything worked and was mapped properly for an as close to factory install as possible.

For instance I don't know if I need to install the Intel Collaborative Processor Performance Control Driver, or the Intel Management Engine Interface since both of those run in the background (I assume) and don't necessarily have a GUI or other filesystem presence, or the Pixelmaster HDR (pretty sure Pixelmaster is a no unless it runs in the background as it doesn't appear to be installed)
Intel Rapid Storage Technology, pretty sure, but again unlike my G75VX-BHI7N11 the Intel RST icon is not there in the taskbar nor is there a way to launch the GUI.Then there are the downright useless descriptions (like the one that doesn't even tell you what it is you're downloading) like the one that just says "A entertainment gaming platform to play, connect, create and more".

Anyone? Also need to know how to transfer the ASUS xSplit license

Not sure I can explain it but the IRST driver is installed with out the software, if you have use for the RAID software you can install it. Seems in that thread of GPX has the driver list for most current models, For a clean Install, I would have the latest BIOS already installed. I would have the Chipset ATK Video, Audio driver ready, IRST, IME, Wireless and LAN the rest I wouldn't install unless you find that you need it for some reason. That's the reason for Clean Installing for a clean system?? If you not running SSD's you probably don't need the IRST driver. I don't have a G751 so I guess I should step out of this thread I was just stating what is logical to me and my experience. For a more Step by step Tutorial you might check out the 10 forum. Drivers for your hardware until you know better. its better to use the latest version on Asus Downloads, NVidia Drivers from NVidia after your up and running not before as some later ones have issues and you don't need issues on a clean install.

On the origin of this thread why don't you just create your own Admin Account and move your User file to it then delete the Asus account Problem solved

I just thought of something else look for your eSupport folder all the drivers and software for your notebook are in that folder. If your notebook originally came with win 10 you should have a eSupport folder.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro