cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need case fan recommandation for improved air flow!

Alexauwa
Level 7
I am looking for two strong 140 mm front fans and one top and back fan.

For back and and top fan I was looking at the Fractal Design Venturi HF-14. I am just not sure about the front fans. What do you recommand? Right now I have to standard Fractal Design Dynamic GP14 in the front and one in the back.

I was also wondering if adding a side fans will help cooling?!

I own a Fractal Design R5.
5 REPLIES 5

quark54
Level 8
I love Noctua fans to be honest. Great cooling, quite and a nice quality to the sound. I believe Noctua fans are now available in different colours, although I actually like the Noctua colours.

I have no less than six Noctua fans in my rig, that includes the fan on the D15S.

I was also wondering if adding a side fans will help cooling?!

Not usually necessary. Do you have temp issues? What are your temps? Most of us over cool our PC's.

http://noctua.at/en/products/fan/nf-a14-pwm

If for some reason youi want to go bonkers...

http://noctua.at/en/products/product-line-industrial/nf-a14-industrialppc-2000/specification

quark54 wrote:

Not usually necessary. Do you have temp issues? What are your temps? Most of us over cool our PC's.

http://noctua.at/en/products/fan/nf-a14-pwm

Thanks for your reply. I read about it. They are really good indeed.

I am still running the Fractal Design Dynamic GP14. I am wondering if swapping all of them to Noctua will help cooling performance. In terms of overclocking I want to get ideal cooling and airflow. I am also wondering how I get an optimal airflow in my Fractal Design R5? I guess it is best to stick to the same fan type. Having two in the front and one back and top rear.

kkn
Level 14
side can help cooling the GPU/GPU's in case it gets hot in the case.

the fractial fans are crap, they are made for silence and not good cooling, hence low rpm and crappy cooling.

SinisterDev85
Level 11
I also recommend Noctua fans. They have several great 140mm choices in a range of RPM and CFM. They also have "Chromax" kits for the dampers that you can purchase to match the color scheme of your case if that sorts thing interests you. Several Noctua fans come with a 6 year warranty too, which is pretty stellar!
I recently upgraded the stock fans on my Corsair H110i GT with a pair of their NF-A14 3000 Rpm Industrial fans. The static pressure of these fans are absolutely ludicrous! Perfect for radiators or applications where airflow is otherwise restricted. They can get quite loud, but are pwm fans and can be controlled through UEFI or software. They're also a little pricey. Between $25-30 ea. on Amazon. The 3k rpm ones might be a bit overkill for ya, idk. They also come in a 2000 rpm edition too.

I've also had good luck with Thermaltake's Riing series 140mm fans. Been using them for a couple years now in my wife's gaming PC. They come in several colors and there's an RGB edition too.
Corsair's high airflow fans are pretty decent too. All depends on what you're looking for, both in asthetics and functionality, and of course how much you're willing to spend. All in all, you really can't go wrong with Noctua.
ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | i9 14900ks | | G. Skill Trident Z5 8000 | 2x WD SN850x 4gb | Asus Strix RTX 4080 OC| Asus ROG Thor 1200w | Windows 11 Pro

SinisterDev85 wrote:
I also recommend Noctua fans. They have several great 140mm choices in a range of RPM and CFM. They also have "Chromax" kits for the dampers that you can purchase to match the color scheme of your case if that sorts thing interests you. Several Noctua fans come with a 6 year warranty too, which is pretty stellar!
I recently upgraded the stock fans on my Corsair H110i GT with a pair of their NF-A14 3000 Rpm Industrial fans. The static pressure of these fans are absolutely ludicrous! Perfect for radiators or applications where airflow is otherwise restricted. They can get quite loud, but are pwm fans and can be controlled through UEFI or software. They're also a little pricey. Between $25-30 ea. on Amazon. The 3k rpm ones might be a bit overkill for ya, idk. They also come in a 2000 rpm edition too.

I've also had good luck with Thermaltake's Riing series 140mm fans. Been using them for a couple years now in my wife's gaming PC. They come in several colors and there's an RGB edition too.
Corsair's high airflow fans are pretty decent too. All depends on what you're looking for, both in asthetics and functionality, and of course how much you're willing to spend. All in all, you really can't go wrong with Noctua.

Thanks for your advise.