cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IX Hero, no PCIE SSD support?!

RAGEdemon
Level 7
When selecting Intel RST as the storage controller, the motherboard no longer picks up a PCIE SSD in the third x16 (PCIE_x4) slot.

It is detected perfectly if the PCIE SSD is inserted in PCIE x16 slots 1 and 2, or slot 3 only if AHCI is selected as the storage controller.

Setting the slot to x2 or x4, or fiddling with PCIE settings within the bios doesn't solve the problem.

I have a RAID array so need Intel RST. I also have 2 cards in SLi so I can't use PCIE slots 1 and 2.

It used to work perfectly on all my old motherboards, including the 7 year old x58 Asus P6T deluxe V2.

Looks like a BIOS problem.

My PCIE SSD drive is Revodrive 350 480GB.

Please fix this.
5 REPLIES 5

FuryA
Level 8
HI RAGEdemon

Revodrive 350 480GB is a legacy PCI SSD not NVMe it need driver while installation of OS
it should be install in the final on of PCIe 3.0/2.0 slot and only support AHCI mode

FuryA@ASUS wrote:
HI RAGEdemon

Revodrive 350 480GB is a legacy PCI SSD not NVMe it need driver while installation of OS
it should be install in the final on of PCIe 3.0/2.0 slot and only support AHCI mode

Not true! You don't have to install drivers while installing OS! Dont't post somehing you don't know.

emsir
Level 8
RAGEdemon wrote:
When selecting Intel RST as the storage controller, the motherboard no longer picks up a PCIE SSD in the third x16 (PCIE_x4) slot.

It is detected perfectly if the PCIE SSD is inserted in PCIE x16 slots 1 and 2, or slot 3 only if AHCI is selected as the storage controller.
Hi,
Setting the slot to x2 or x4, or fiddling with PCIE settings within the bios doesn't solve the problem.

I have a RAID array so need Intel RST. I also have 2 cards in SLi so I can't use PCIE slots 1 and 2.

It used to work perfectly on all my old motherboards, including the 7 year old x58 Asus P6T deluxe V2.

Please fix this.

You have to set it in to PCIE slot 3 and set it to x4 manaully in Bios. Then Bios will detect it and you can install Windows. You don't want to use PCIE slot 1 or 2. They are for Graphics and SLI.

Maikal
Level 8
RAGEdemon wrote:

Hi,

Please fix this.

My guess is that if you go into CSM settings and change the Storage and/or PCIE setting from the default "legacy" to "UEFI driver first" the drive will appear. You could also trying disabling CSM but not all systems will work correctly with it fully disabled.

The PCIE setting should be the relevant one because you are using the PCIE slot, but you might have to change the storage one as well.

I have tried all combinations of CSM and PCIe settings.

As stated in my post, I AM installing it in slot 3. I don't get why anyone would start to post something without first reading the problem and what has been tried. Why waste your time and mine? 😉

FuryA@ASUS , what you said is nonsense. As I have said, it is picked up (PCIe SSD displays during POST) in slots 1 and 2 just fine. Slot 3 (and both PCIE x1 slots) is the problem where the PCIe SSD bios does not register during POST process. Please read what I have posted about the problem and the steps tried.