cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6850K not stable on RealBench. Any stability tips?

Alexauwa
Level 7
Hi,

I overclocked my 6850K to 4,5 GHz with the following settings:

Core Ratio = 4,5 GHz
CPU Strap = 100 MHz
BLCK Frequency = 100
AXV offset = 2
Min. CPU cache ratio = 34
Max. CPU cache ratio = 34
CPU Load-line Calibration = Level 7
Long duration package power limit = Auto
short duration package power limit = Auto
CPU core voltage = 1.35
CPU cache voltage = 1.15
CPU input voltage = 1.8

Memory:
64 GB at 2.800 MHz
DRAM voltage = 1.35
14 - 13 - 13 - 35

Rest is Auto.

Realbench seem to be the only stresstest that fails. Looks like it is made for gamer due to heavy CPU and GPU tasks test, right? I will never game on that pc, it is made for video editing and VFX (After Effects). The RB benchmark passes though. Also AIDA64, Prime95 etc...

Still, what parameter can be further tweaked? What helps to improve stability? Will I ever game in such a stress situation like in realbench in video editing?

Thanks,
Alex
4 REPLIES 4

Nate152
Hi Alexauwa

Are you running the benchmark or the stress test in Realbench? I too find the benchmark needs a little more voltage for the encoding test.

Click stress test beside benchmark and select how many GB of ram you have, the 15 minute test is fine.

When it says Result HashMatch you passed the test. 🙂

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Alexauwa

Are you running the benchmark or the stress test in Realbench? I too find the benchmark needs a little more voltage for the encoding test.

Click stress test beside benchmark and select how many GB of ram you have, the 15 minute test is fine.

When it says Result HashMatch you passed the test. 🙂

It this way. I might add additional voltage I guess. I might end up with 1.38 or something I guess just got another 100 MHz. I can run 4.4 GHz at 1.33. Is 1.38 worth the 4.5?

Menthol
Level 14
Another thing you can do is enter an AVX offset of 2 in the bios, RealBench uses AVX instructions in the test Nate is referring to, this will cause the the CPU to down clock 2 multipliers, or raise vcore if you have the cooling to compensate. It is a good idea to enter an offset value in BW-E and KabyLake systems for daily use
AVX instructions require more voltage, draws more current and produces more heat

Menthol wrote:
Another thing you can do is enter an AVX offset of 2 in the bios, RealBench uses AVX instructions in the test Nate is referring to, this will cause the the CPU to down clock 2 multipliers, or raise vcore if you have the cooling to compensate. It is a good idea to enter an offset value in BW-E and KabyLake systems for daily use
AVX instructions require more voltage, draws more current and produces more heat

I got AVX offset 2-3. Still Realbench does not consider AXV settings. That's why the test is so extreme. Are there any other bios tweaks to achieve more stability apart from voltage?