cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IX Apex - [DIY] How to personalize your name plate.

AkaNe0
Level 10
The Maximus IX Apex has two plates where you can add your own custom name plate. First you have the "Republic of Gamers" name plate that can be changed and an additional one provided in the retail box that can be placed between the two PCI-E slots.

Made of transparent acrylic, the additional one is provided with 3 black stickers. Here is a simple How to guide to create your own!

What do you need?

• 1 x Papercutting knife
  • 1 x blank paper 6.6cm x 2cm
  • Blank acrylic name plate (provided with the motherboard) 6.6cm x 2cm
  • Black sticker (provided with the motherboard) 6.6cm x 2cm
  • 1 x Hex Key
  • Tape
  • Scissors
  • ROG Font (optional)

Step by Step
1. First you want to prepare a pattern to follow while cutting with your knife. To do so, you can use PowerPoint or any other software that allows you to do boxes and write text inside (if you are an artist, you can choose to do it by hand directly). I will be using PowerPoint for the example.
2. Create a 6.6cm x 2cm black rectangular. And another one of 6cm x 2cm. The second one will help you to not go over as you have two holes on the side of the acrylic name plate.

3. Right click and “edit text”. Pick a font that has linear line, it will be easier when cutting. I will be using the ROG font. Depending on the font you want, adjust the size to fit your black rectangular. Make sure your text fits into the 6cm x 2 cm box. You can now print it.
DOWNLOAD ROG Font Template

4. Cut your paper following the black line of the 6.5cm x 2cm box, and tape it to the black sticker provided with the motherboard.

5. It’s time to take your papercutting knife and go around your letters.

a. Make sure to push enough with the knife
b. Take your time, if necessary do the line in two times

6. Once all the letters have been cut, remove your paper. Check that all the intersection of your letters are nicely cut. If necessary repass with your papercutting knife.
7. You are now ready to remove the cut black parts. If you have a letter with a hole inside, like “B” or “O”, make sure to keep it.

8. Take your acrylic part, and remove the protecting layer. Then remove the black part to stick it into the acrylic. Once done, add the inside of the letters if you have.
9. Screw the plate into the board and power on!

3D Printed Name Plate

If you have a 3D Printer at home, you can choose to 3D Print the name plate.

DOWNLOAD Name Plate source file (stp)

DOWNLOAD ROG Fonts (stp)

If you want to 3D print other parts for the Maximus IX Apex, you can visit the product page in the 3D Printing section.

Share yours!
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !
22 REPLIES 22

Raja
Level 13
Stickied.

Menthol
Level 14

Nate152
Haha that is awesome, you need to change to the color green or blue for your name "Menthol" 🙂

Very nice !

Menthol
Level 14
I'm thinking an LED array under the name tag so it stands out 🙂
The nameplate was mounted on the board when I received it this morning from ASUS, from the RB Challenge

Oh ya, the Gskill 16GB 2X8 4266 19-19-19 kit, just click XMP and booted right up at 4266mhz, it was that easy

AkaNe@Ausus, did you make our name plate? Do I have an AkaNe original?

Menthol wrote:
I'm thinking an LED array under the name tag so it stands out 🙂
The nameplate was mounted on the board when I received it this morning from ASUS, from the RB Challenge

Oh ya, the Gskill 16GB 2X8 4266 19-19-19 kit, just click XMP and booted right up at 4266mhz, it was that easy

AkaNe@Ausus, did you make our name plate? Do I have an AkaNe original?

Yes I did 🙂 It's very easy, just need a bit of practice and patience. Haha haven't though of doing one for myself, I will do that when I am back.

Regarding the LED, the Maximus IX Apex has some jumper to control the different LED areas. When you add the second name plate you need to adjust the jumper as follow to make it shine:

And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

Raja
Level 13
there is an LED array under the plate, and that zone is controllable via Aura.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
there is an LED array under the plate, and that zone is controllable via Aura.

the jumper is present on matherboard ???

Personalized Maximus IX Apex 😄