Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG CES Teaser: Apollo Would Love The Sound Of This

X-ROG
Level 15
11 REPLIES 11

GamerDaPro
Level 7
Looks like a Sound Card, I am not really intrested though, onboard audio is more than enough for me.

xeromist
It's a complete gaming system on a single slot card. 😉
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
It's a complete gaming system on a single slot card. 😉

Would be pretty nice, but also expensive 🙂

looks like a sound card with a hidden 15pin joystick connector.

My guess, it's either an ROG branded Sound card much like the Xonar Xense with the Headphone AMP with full 7.1 support and maybe THX TruStudio Pro too?

Or it's a combo card, which will be like the Thunderbolt card found on the R3BE, with the headphone amp and killer NIC which will finally be able to buy now separately?

Either way I was in the market for a soundcard but if this is better than what the new creative Recon3D Fatal1ty has to offer, I'll hold out and get the ROG soundcard that is if this is really an ROG soundcard in the works.

chrsplmr
Level 18
god of Music.....uuummmmm???...sound card maybe?
....its not bow nor arrow....

whatever it is...is it plague (RMA) free?... now that
would sound great to apollo....

is it named Daphne? I understand he really loved the
sounds that came from that lil nymph.................

Of course...good sound would protect the 'youth' from
the temptations of the evil msi and evga pythons......hmmmmm...

i have no idea...guess i will just have to wait.c.

mdzcpa
Level 12
I'm in the market for a sound card as well. It would be nice timing is this was a solid sound solution:)

rogueking
Level 7
MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
http://rog.asus.com/64722012/news/rog-ces-teaser-apollo-would-love-the-sound-of-this/

What do you think is being revealed at CES?

:cool:

May be it is a fully loaded rogue version of asus xonar d2x.....;);)

InnervateD
Level 10
I googled it today, only because I thought CES started and usually people posted stuff about stuff they haven't yet announced at CES.

There's a pic but I'm not sure if I can post it or anything, so i'm not.
Apparently it's called the "ASUS Xonar Phoebus"
From the pic of what I see, I'm in love with it. The EMI shield is like the coolest looking one ever made IMHO not being a fanboy or anything.
And it does have the Headphone amp from what I see, lots of connections to it so I'm pretty sure it'll support 7.1 sound too.

I will be holding out for this as my sound card over the Creative Recon3D.

I wouldn't mind seeing this as an optional package to be packaged with the Vulcan headsets too, but no mater I'll probably get those later when I get this too.