cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ranger Viii and bios 3007 lots of weird problems

magnusr
Level 7
My first system: Ranger Viii with a non k i7-6700 and 16GB HyperX 2666MHz memory. Never been overclocked. I upgraded from 2202 to 3007 when 3007 came out. Totally stable before bios updgrade. At the same time i also updated chipset drivers, imei and rapid storage drivers.

First: My Logitech G510s keyboard was not able to enter bios anymore. Worked when windows loaded but not for bios. Another keyboard did the job entering the bios settings.

Second: Manually setting my hyperx 2666MHz memory as before to 2666MHz did not work anymore. Set it to 2666 but it showed 2133MHz in Windows... Using XMP Profile instead worked.

Third: Sometimes right after looging on to windows a bluescreen "memory management" appears. Never happend before. Maybe one out of ten times and only during this time. Completely stable everywhere other than that.

Fourth; Either the bios update or the drivers causes an event to be logged about every hour: IOC Agent event 0

2017-01-21 15:20:10,499 [56] ERROR ProviderManager.SecurepayBcaProvisioner - Exception during BCA-SGX provisioning
System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException (0x80004005): External component has thrown an exception.
at Intel.Pabe.Factor.SgxProvider.AbortProvision(SgxProvider* , UInt32 )
at BCAXInterface.SgxProvider.Provision(String provisionUrl, String providerUrl)
at ProviderManager.SecurepayBcaProvisioner.<>c__DisplayClass16_0.b__0()

My second system Z170i Pro Gaming with i5-6500 and 16GB HyperX 2400MHz memory after upgrading to bios 3016 (never been overclocked):

First: Disabling onboard wifi in the bios. It still shows up in windows! Never happend before.
Second: Same event as above is logged in the event log every hour.
5 REPLIES 5

Shenny
Level 11
Seems like BIOS flashback to 2202 is the best option for you. 🙂

I solved the fourth problem regarding the event message in event viewer.

It was asus latest imei driver update that was bad. Got another one from a diffrent source. The event message is gone now.

Hi,

same Problem here. Which Version of imei driver did solved the Problem?
Can you post a link?

thanks in advance

11.6.0.1047. Dont remember which page. Try googling imei 11.6.0.1047. And you will find. Think its 2 versions a small one and a bigger one. The package I used was 72,9MB extracted.

I flashed back to 2002.Everything is working as it should again 🙂