cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog G751JT Battery not charging and doesn't go down (Stays at 35%)

Jacawits
Level 7
Just bought this laptop off craigslist, I new it had a battery issue when I first purchased it but I assumed that a battery replacement would fix that issue. Spent 2 hours lastnight replacing the battery, turned it on and the battery worked, but i'm now realizing that it isn't the batterys fault considering its not charging, its something else. The charger is fine, it's the original charger, and just tried to use a different charger and that didn't work either. When taken off charge laptop stays on, but the % doesn't go down (Stays at 35%)

Anyone know a fix? Update of bios? Messed up motherboard?
2 REPLIES 2

nemerdekel
Level 7
Jacawits wrote:
Just bought this laptop off craigslist, I new it had a battery issue when I first purchased it but I assumed that a battery replacement would fix that issue. Spent 2 hours lastnight replacing the battery, turned it on and the battery worked, but i'm now realizing that it isn't the batterys fault considering its not charging, its something else. The charger is fine, it's the original charger, and just tried to use a different charger and that didn't work either. When taken off charge laptop stays on, but the % doesn't go down (Stays at 35%)

Anyone know a fix? Update of bios? Messed up motherboard?

Where did you get the battery from? I know of some cheap chinese knock offs that don't work from the start
Laptop: G751JL
Processor: i7-4750HQ
Graphics Card: GTX 965M
Memory: 8 GB Samsung (stock)
Storage #1: Samsung 850 EVO 250gb
Storage #2: 1 TB 7200 rpm (stock)

two250
Level 8
Does windows say "Plugged in - Not Charging"? If so my 751 does this all the time. How I fix it is to shut down the laptop, unplug the power supply, then hold the power button down for about a minute. The plug it in and power it on. See if it's charging after that.