cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 00

Konig
Level 10
Hi I got some problems with my pc and I'm trying to figure out what the issue is.

My pc specs
maximum extreme viii
32gb corsair dominator platinum
Asus strix 1080 sli
EVGA GOLD 850w supply *

Today when I tried over clock my cpu to 4.3ghz and using 1.2v I had a problem where pc would restart couple times then it just shut down and ever since that when I press start button I get a instant shutdown I tried clear CMOS ETC *but did not work I took all my stuff apart checked the socket etc and then rasemblds everything and now when I press start system just hangs at Q 00 and the switch BIOS buton don't work it stays on bios 1 so ya I wonder what is broken maybe cpu dead or motherboard idk I got no spare board or cpu.

This is what happened at start when I did 4.3ghz and 1.2volt *https://vid.me/kzZj *But at this stage the bios switch button did work but when I took my pc apart and but motherboard on a test bench and removed all ram and checked cpu I now get 00 code and bios buton no work. The cpu does get hot when I turn it on so hmmm I'm not sure if cpu is dead maybe ram or motherboard idk and what sucks more is in Sweden warranty don't cover stuff like this xmp or overcloxked ram cpu voids warranty of every thing even gpus*
58 REPLIES 58

JustinThyme
Level 13
You BIOS is corrupted. Switching the BIOS is often finicky.
You can either remove the BIOS roms and swap them in the sockets or use flashback.
download the lastest BIOS, extract and rename CAP to M8E. Format a USB stick to fat 32 and copy the M8E.CAP to the stick.
remove everything but the CPU and 1 stick of ram, insert the USB drive into the bottom USB port that is toward the back, should be labeled Flashback.
Turn on PSU then depress and hold the MOBO connect butting that is by the cmos clear for 3-5 seconds or or until you see it flashing. The BIOS light is supposed to flash as well but Ive seen it not flash. The blue light on the mobo connect button will be flashing though. If it goes for a few seconds then stops either the file or USB is wrong or you need to make it naked with just the board and ATX power connector.

Dont bother with BIOS 3007, its fubar. stick with 2202. Once thats loaded up and you can boot before you go any further go ahead to the tool menu in the bios and copy the BIOS to the other ROM chip. Then it will reboot back to bios unless your config is default enough it will grab a boot device.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Konig
Level 10
I don't think it's corrupted bios because today when I checked the cpu I noticed that the cpu was stuck and after inspection I saw that 3 cpu pins had melted into the cpu, I have no damm idea what may caused this 4.3ghz and 1.2 volt is way below max voltage limit so not sure what went wrong. I took the board to my shop for checking but I doubt they do much because having K cpu in your system does ruin the warranty of all other components even without overclocking . I guess I'm out of luck and have to spend 1000 euro for new board and cpu.

Maybe corrupted bios caused my board to give my cpu to much voltage even tough it was set to manual 1.2v kinda what I noticed whit this board is when everything is set to stock and bios have not been touched it gives 1.55v to my 6700k at 4.2ghz stock kinda why I enabled 4.3ghz and 1.2v cuz the board auto stock was way out of safe limits . PS What's wrong with bios 3007 cuz that's the bios my board had*

Konig wrote:
...kinda what I noticed whit this board is when everything is set to stock and bios have not been touched it gives 1.55v to my 6700k at 4.2ghz stock kinda why I enabled 4.3ghz and 1.2v cuz the board auto stock was way out of safe limits . PS What's wrong with bios 3007 cuz that's the bios my board had*

What is it with these ASUS boards? My Z170-A did the same thing before I tuned it in BIOS. Stock, the chip turboed to 4200Mhz siphoning 1.45v. Now it achieves the same speed between 1.167 and 1.216v (MAX). Dropped temps by about 15 degrees at load.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

panzlock wrote:
What is it with these ASUS boards? My Z170-A did the same thing before I tuned it in BIOS. Stock, the chip turboed to 4200Mhz siphoning 1.45v. Now it achieves the same speed between 1.167 and 1.216v (MAX). Dropped temps by about 15 degrees at load.

ya this is not something new I seen many ppl have problem with asus board giving to much voltage on stock sad that asus refuses to acknowledge this issue*

nizza7401
Level 8
I had the same problem ... between 'more with your own configuration, and have replaced my motherboard and processor both dead ...

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Nate152
Hi Konig

Since the pins are melted and not bent from user error, that should qualify for an RMA.

Konig
Level 10
I hope so but the cpu was delided so ya not sure if warramty covers it I have to wait and estimate service time is 3months the store guy told me so ya quite long time. * *

What diferance is it between extreme viii and formula ix since they are both same price here wondered if I should get a new board I may well get z270 but since the new extreme ix have a monoblook that requires custom water cooling loop I would not be able to get extreme ix so ya I wonder if forumula ix is better or same as extreme viii if not I may just get another extreme viii.

Nate152
Since you delidded your cpu then yeah it's no longer under warranty.

The Maximus VIII and IX Formula are similar with the Maximus IX Formula having improvements, some of the "new" key features of the Maximus IX Formula are:

An Integrated I/O shield and backplate
Dedicated motherboard headers for water cooling ( 2 water temp sensors and flow meter sensor)
A usb 3.1 front panel header
3D printing support
Overhauled audio

I can't speak for the extreme boards but I imagine the Maximus IX Extreme has some improvements too.

Konig
Level 10
Another question is IT worth geting rampage v edition 10 and 6960x or is x99 plattform to outdated compared to z270