cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ThunderboltEX3 HELP!!!!!! Urgent

DaVoRmEsA
Level 7
Hi to all members of the forum, i need help with thunderboltex3 from someone who made this card to work, it worked for a couple of days when i bought it and then suddenly stoped. The card is currently in PCIx4 slot, latest bios,it is recognized in windows device free, but in the software of the thunderbolt i dont have any ports. I tried many times to install windows 10 anniversary edition from scratch but cant manage it to work, changed all posible slots and combinations with gpu in other slots and ex3 in other slots
Mb: Asus Rampage V extreme,*i5930k, gpu:asus r7-260x,16gb of ram, psu:chieftec 750w
On what bios does it work, what pci slot, what drivers,windows???
Please anyone who made it work, respond.
Thanks*
3 REPLIES 3

G75rog
Level 10
Since it worked for a couple of days before stopping then the card itself may be defective.

Tygerion
Level 7
And the urgent part of this problem is... what?

Tygerion wrote:
And the urgent part of this problems is... what?

Exactly. Plus, i could tell by the post it was probably spammed in every section of the forum considering this is a Z170 forum and the user has a Rampage V. In one of the other threads an ASUS rep already determined it was defective and suggested a RMA or return to reseller. This user "refuses to believe that it's a faulty card" and said "ASUS is a brand" as the proof it isn't defective. Spam-o-rific.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?90451-Thunderbolt-EX3-URGENT-HELP!!!!!!