cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice for Settings on AI Suite Dual Intelligent Processors 5 Way Tuning

shiney
Level 8
Hello: I have been fiddling with the auto-tuning function in the AI Suite III - "Dual Intelligent Processors". I am a novice at OC so not sure about the settings. I have tried this with a target of 4.5 Mhz and 1.35 volts and also without any targets at all. With the targets I got 4.6 Mhz with a multiplier of 46 (15% OC). I noted some possible stability issues (that I was not sure were related to the OC) and also my benchmark was good but not near the top for the same equipment and speeds (it was about 133000), so I decided to do it again without targets. That time it came up with a 7% overclock but with a wierd setting of 102 Mhz with a 42 ratio for a 7% OC, and a significantly lower benchmark. Also, do I use TPU I or TPU II? I used TPU II, but I was guessing.

Question: is it best to do this with targets or without, or is manual OC with a fixed ratio a better plan than using AI Suite? Thanks!

PS = I have Maximus IX Hero, ROG Strix GTX 1070, i7 6700, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz
1 REPLY 1

Michael-i7
Level 7
Manual. Hands down. There are a great percentage of people who avoid even installing the ai suite. Myself included. Some will suggest to leave Cache at stock while you overclock, I have my min and max cache at 45 along with my core ratio at 1.3v. Slowly start adding voltage for both as you raise speed. You should be able to get around 4.5-4.6 GHz at 1.3-1.35v Use Aida64 or p95 to stress test.

And if you are overclocking leave tpu disabled.