cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VT-DH72 Random Black Screen on Boot

caughe
Level 7
Hello All,

I have a G752VT-DH72 model laptop. Recently in the last month, I have been getting a random black screen issue when I boot up. It's not every time, but when it happens it happens after the asus rog logo goes away. You hear all the sounds of windows logging in but without the screen being on. I do believe the back light is on but it's blank. Closing the lid and opening it solves it when this happnes. I tried a fresh install of windows, but to no avail the issue came back. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Clayton

P.S. This pc isn't even a year old yet.
20 REPLIES 20

caughe
Level 7
Bump....sorry to push it up to the top. Just trying to figure out if its a hardware or software issue. When this occurs, closing then opening the lid fixes it. But what makes it happen? Has anyone had this happen to them?

Never happened to me (G752VY here), but I wonder if this problem is related to the problem I have when I wake up after getting into sleep mode (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?90469-G752-not-waking-up-after-sleep&p=628796#post628796).

Armesis
Level 10
This happened to my G752VY as well, i think it is a sign of impending screen failure. I remedied this by pressing the power button to make it sleep, then wake it again, but ultimately the screen had to be replaced.

Armesis wrote:
This happened to my G752VY as well, i think it is a sign of impending screen failure. I remedied this by pressing the power button to make it sleep, then wake it again, but ultimately the screen had to be replaced.

Are you saying you have the same issue i do? Or the other person with the link?

Ancients
Level 10
I have had this black screen error, but it only happens rarely after waking it from sleep. Putting it back into sleep mode and waking it again clears it up. I don't remember having the issue before Windows 10 version 1607, so I chalked it up to Windows 10 weirdness, which is a never-ending supply.

That's true I didn't even have this problem until the most recent update or two fromMicrosoft

I've just discovered that my problem waking up from sleep disappears if I don't let ORIGIN run (neither at startup nor later). 😄

Is Origin installed in your computer? Do you have any Electronic Arts game?

EDIT: That crazy title of this post is... the CAPTCHA code this page asked me before submiting this post, which I wrote at the wrong box. 😮

NP-complete wrote:
I've just discovered that my problem waking up from sleep disappears if I don't let ORIGIN run (neither at startup nor later). 😄

Is Origin installed in your computer? Do you have any Electronic Arts game?

EDIT: That crazy title of this post is... the CAPTCHA code this page asked me before submiting this post, which I wrote at the wrong box. 😮

I actually do not have any EA games installed ( I do own a few), the only game platform on it right now is steam.

When you restart your computer, does Windows complain about any program refusing to close (so Windows eventually has to kill the process by itself)? Windows was often sending me those messages about Origin when I pressed the restart button. Maybe If a program refuses to be closed when Windows "nicely" requests it, then its full state won't be properly saved into the SSD when getting into sleep mode, so it cannot be properly recovered later when waking up (and it makes waking up crash). Not sure, it's just a theory. Does Windows tell you about some programs "refusing" to close when you press the restart button? Maybe Steam?