Some problems after Upgrading

Notmyname
Level 7
Hello everyone!

Some time ago I upgraded my components:

I installed the following hardware:
Mainboard: Asus Maximus Hero VIII
GPU: Asus ROG STRIX A8G Nvidia 1080
CPU: Intel i7 6700K Unlocked (4GHz), i bought it unlocked.
RAM: 2 X Corsair Vengeance LPX (8GB, 16 in total)

Since this was my first time replacing components I hope that I did not mess something up. After replacing my old components with these newer ones, the computer booted normally and everything was fine. However, i was not able to install the drivers which were on the received CD. Whenerver I wanted to start the setup.exe, nothing happened after clicking on it. However, i was able to install another setupexe on the CD(which is not the main one according to the manual). The remaining drivers(at least part of it, which were missing were downloaded from the asus homepage) I was not able to download Asus Suite. Got the following programs:, CPUID ROG CPU-Z, GAMEFORST IV, ROG GAME FIRST III, Sonic Studio, Aura GPU, ASUS GPU TEAKII. There were no problems installing the GPU drivers.
After this no problems arose...
For a while
Now I got several problems:

I was not able to start my favourite game (Guild Wars 2). Whenever I clicked on the icon nothing happened (similiar to the issue with the drivers). Even if i run it as administrator, or even after installing it new. There was a client on the task manager for the game but nothing appeared on the screen. After changing the exe name, to some random name I was able to run the game normally. With other games on the other hand, an error message just appears, that the game crashed while starting.
Might someone know what the problem is?

Whenerver i leave my computer unused for some time (1h, 30 min) it goes into sleep mode/standby mode. As soon as I want to go back on my computer i was able (with my old computer parts) to press any key or to move my mouse in order to wake the computer up. However, the only thing that happens now is that my cursor appears on the screen but the screen itself stays black. The fans are running, however. The only thing i can do, is to restart my Computer, by pressing the button on the chassis.
How can i solve this problem?

Whenever i play any online game (Guild wars , CS:GO etc...) the ping gets very high the longer I play and as a result the entire game will lag and i am not able to play it properly. The FPS however, stays very high (200+) i have the Nvidia interface or at least part of it while playing. What i observed, is that whenerver i minimise the game and go on my desktop and then switch back to the game, the Ping is very low for a couple of minutes, before returning to an scaring high ping. I doubt that this is due to my internet connection, since I had no problems at all with my old components and the Wi-Fi connection is stable at around 108 Mbit/s. Another reason for this assumption is the fact, that non online games just lag without appearent reason.
Furthermore from time to time the game freezes and i am not even to close it with task manager, so that i have to restart my computer.

This is less a problem, than a configuration issue.
Whenever i start my PC the GPU fans are not spinning. I am able to let them spin by opening the program GPU Tweak and select my customised profile. Is there a way to set my customised profile as a default? So that i do not have to switch to this profile manually?

One of my chassis fans is not spinning. This fan was not attached to my old motherboard either it is somehow connected to my wheel on the chassis, with which i can regulate it's speed. The fan does only move if I spin it first with my fingers. It does however only spin at a verly low power kind of a idling cycle. The fan worked fine with my old mainboard.

Idk if any of those problems are related to the fact, that the GPU is unlocked to 4GHz. If so, is it possible to lock it again?

Thank you very much for your support!
11 REPLIES 11

kkn
Level 14
wifi = first issue here since its unstable.
always go cabled unless its 100% impossible.

and i guess you did buy 2 packs or memory? and not one pack?

kkn wrote:

I never had those issues with Wifi on my old computer pieces. And setting up a cable it a bit problematic, due to the distance to the router.

I bought 2 Corsair RAMS each 8 GB

kkn wrote:

So i switched to the lan cable, still no improvement.

kkn
Level 14
pull one ram stick and try it and see how it goes then, mixing ram is the worst you can do on intel tbh, even how alike they seem are.

kkn wrote:
pull one ram stick and try it and see how it goes then, mixing ram is the worst you can do on intel tbh, even how alike they seem are.

Well both rams were in the same package i doubt that this is causing any problems?

Anyway i just noticed, that the back of the motherboard is glowing right and that the HD_LED is blinking green from time to time (the LED under the SATA6G_E12 text)

Heini
Level 11
Did you do a fresh install of the OS?

Heini wrote:
Did you do a fresh install of the OS?

No I didn't . But i had to reenter the verification code.

Notmyname wrote:
No I didn't . But i had to reenter the verification code.

always do a fresh instal when doing new builds.
there you may have your problem.

kkn wrote:
always do a fresh instal when doing new builds.
there you may have your problem.

Won't i lose all my data if i reinstall Windows 10?