cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temperature core Intel 6700K

esseci59
Level 7
Hello everyone, I have the temperature as the title of one of the core processor that is 10 degrees more than the other 3. Overclock 4.8 ghz and Vcore 1.40. Motheboard Asus Maximus VIII Ranger bios 3007. Must I delid the CPU or I can keep things as they are? Thanks in advance to those who want to respond to me.
4 REPLIES 4

Menthol
Level 14
It is common to have temperature differences of 10 or even more between CPU cores for various reasons, manufacturing processes, which core is under the heaviest load at a particular time, TIM application between the CPU die and heat spreader (as applied by Intel during manufacturing process) and TIM application between heat spreader and cooler (as applied by user), cooler contact, or mount as it is sometimes refereed to.
A delid and relid process usually lowers overall temperatures but may or may not reduce temperature differences between cores depending on the cause
Delidding does eliminate your warranty on the processor so weigh your options carefully

Menthol wrote:
It is common to have temperature differences of 10 or even more between CPU cores for various reasons, manufacturing processes, which core is under the heaviest load at a particular time, TIM application between the CPU die and heat spreader (as applied by Intel during manufacturing process) and TIM application between heat spreader and cooler (as applied by user), cooler contact, or mount as it is sometimes refereed to.
A delid and relid process usually lowers overall temperatures but may or may not reduce temperature differences between cores depending on the cause
Delidding does eliminate your warranty on the processor so weigh your options carefully

Thanks a lot

esseci59 wrote:
Thanks a lot

I have had a couple processors including my 6600k with a temp difference of about 10 between the highest core and lowest core temps. Dont think its an issue.

Strife21 wrote:
I have had a couple processors including my 6600k with a temp difference of about 10 between the highest core and lowest core temps. Dont think its an issue.

No, it's completely normal. How big of a difference depends on your mounting technique. 🙂