Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

According to this review the XG Station 2 sounds like a bit of a ball ache to get set up. Especially for G-SYNC laptops that you unplug a lot.......

https://www.hardwareluxx.de/index.ph...umsetzung.html

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by BoutTime01 View Post
    According to this review the XG Station 2 sounds like a bit of a ball ache to get set up. Especially for G-SYNC laptops that you unplug a lot.......

https://www.hardwareluxx.de/index.ph...umsetzung.html

Access denied to the link

Quote Originally Posted by rosecki View Post
    Access denied to the link
    Strange...It works for me. I think it pretty much ends my interest in the XG Station 2.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by BoutTime01 View Post
    Strange...It works for me. I think it pretty much ends my interest in the XG Station 2.

so resume, it doesnt work with asus g752 at all?

Quote Originally Posted by rosecki View Post
    so resume, it doesnt work with asus g752 at all?
    It's not that. I still have no idea whether the G752 will be supported as it appears dependent on the Thunderbolt controller. The reason I've lost interest is because it's hassle setting it up each time. Plus if you have a G-SYNC screen on your laptop you MUST use an external monitor. That's not so bad as i have a G-SYNC external monitor but from reading that review if you regularly take your laptop away from the Dock then you have to set it up all over again each time you connect. It's not exactly plug and play.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hihi!

I own my G752VY for almost a year now and I just recently got my hands on XG2 Station with ROG GTX 1080 A8G. I can confirm that I was able to establish connection with the eGPU over Thunderbolt protocol so now the NVidia Control panel and all other software see all two graphic cards in the system (980M 4Gb and 1080 8Gb) after I have successfully reinstalled NVidia drivers. Although the setup process wasnt nearly as easy as described in the manual and I had to spent a couple of hours to find the proper way to make things work. I can share the possible working guide for that if someone is interested. The only last problem is that the eGPU is considered inactive as the notebook display now works with 980M only and all tasks run are handeled with the internal card. I do not have previous experience with multi-graphics cards setup so I havent yet found a corresponding option in Win10 or NVidia control panel to switch the card (wonder if that even exists, hope someone helps me with that).

Still I believe from now I can use eGPU to connect additional displays with high resolution through GTX1080 connectors. I will check that later.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Faberge View Post
    Hihi!

I own my G752VY for almost a year now and I just recently got my hands on XG2 Station with ROG GTX 1080 A8G. I can confirm that I was able to establish connection with the eGPU over Thunderbolt protocol so now the NVidia Control panel and all other software see all two graphic cards in the system (980M 4Gb and 1080 8Gb) after I have successfully reinstalled NVidia drivers. Although the setup process wasnt nearly as easy as described in the manual and I had to spent a couple of hours to find the proper way to make things work. I can share the possible working guide for that if someone is interested. The only last problem is that the eGPU is considered inactive as the notebook display now works with 980M only and all tasks run are handeled with the internal card. I do not have previous experience with multi-graphics cards setup so I havent yet found a corresponding option in Win10 or NVidia control panel to switch the card (wonder if that even exists, hope someone helps me with that).

Still I believe from now I can use eGPU to connect additional displays with high resolution through GTX1080 connectors. I will check that later.
    Have a look at my post #35 above. The German review I linked in post #31 states that when using the eGPU you can only use an external monitor. So your G-Sync Laptop Screen will not work with the XG Station 2.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by BoutTime View Post
    Have a look at my post #35 above. The German review I linked in post #31 states that when using the eGPU you can only use an external monitor. So your G-Sync Laptop Screen will not work with the XG Station 2.
    Oh, so its becouse of G-Sync monitor in the notebook? Well, still I was planning to add one or two extra monitors so thats fine for me. I just saw some tablets working with XG2 directly. Guess they dont have G-Sync. Thanks!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Faberge View Post
    Oh, so its becouse of G-Sync monitor in the notebook? Well, still I was planning to add one or two extra monitors so thats fine for me. I just saw some tablets working with XG2 directly. Guess they dont have G-Sync. Thanks!
    Not sure if it's because it's G-Syncx or just any internal monitor. Worth plugging in any old cheap external monitor and seeing what happens. I think it has to be plugged in directly to the XG Station 2.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by BoutTime View Post
    Not sure if it's because it's G-Syncx or just any internal monitor. Worth plugging in any old cheap external monitor and seeing what happens. I think it has to be plugged in directly to the XG Station 2.
    Yeah, sure-sure, going to check this in one or two days.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast