Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    ROG Enthusiast Array Fist3365 PC Specs
    Fist3365 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus IX Hero (BIOS 1009)
    ProcessorIntel I7-6700k Ocd 4.6
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32gb (4x8)
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080TI O11G
    MonitorAsus Designo Curve MX34VQ
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1tb SSD
    CPU CoolerCaptain 240 EX RGB
    CaseCorsair 750D Airflow
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Red Silent
    Mouse Razer Death Adder Elite
    Headset Hyper X Cloud 2
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300
    Headset/Speakers Logitech
    OS Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U
    Accessory #1 Little Dot MKII Headphone Tube Amp
    Accessory #2 Schiit Audio Magni 2 Uber

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    35

    Performance and Audio quality of new Z270 ROG MOBO's

    Hello,
    I am looking at upgrading my MOBO from my current one which is a low to mid grade Gigabyte Z170 board (Gigabyte Z170 X Gaming 6) to a ROG Hero IX, and would appreciate some feedback.

    I am definitely curious on how much of an upgrade it will be. The Asus ROG Hero IX seems real nice and is the one I am looking at. I would hope the ROG board would be a good sound quality upgrade over my current board. My current board has an ALC 1150 audio CODEC or DAC. The rest of my audio components include a nice Audio Quest USB 2.0 Cable to a Schiit Audio WYRD then another Audio Quest USB 2.0 cable to a Schiit Audio Modi 2 Uber DAC. Then I have the Audio out from the Modi 2 Uber that feeds a Little Dot MKII Headphone tube amp. The headphones I listen with are the Hifiman Edition X, Hifiman HE-400i, and Mr. Speakers Mad Dog's. I love the setup and enjoy what it sounds like, but to know the ROG Hero IX would be an audio quality upgrade would be enough reason for me to purchase the board.

    Also the other reason for me to upgrade to the ROG Hero IX would be an increase in performace ie, higher OC and possible higher benchmarks with games and synthetic benchmarks.

    The new ROG boards look great and I had very good experiences with my previous AMD build that had the Crosshair v Formula Z mobo also. I am not concerned with spending the money for a new board, I would just like to know it would be an upgrade in these areas at least.

    Thank you all for your responses.
    I7-6700k OC'd 4.6 // Asus ROG Maximus Hero 9 // ROG GTX 1080ti OC //Corsair LPX DDR4 32gb 3ghz // Corsair AX 1500i // 1tb Samsung 850 EVO // 256gb Samsung 850 PRO for OS // Windows 10 Home 64

  2. #2
    ASUS HQ Service Rep Array
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Reputation
    12
    Posts
    417

    hi Fist3365
    have You tried installing the other different SSDs for testing including reinstall win10 system
    "Intel Rapid Start" drivers for Fast Startup testing does it work?

  3. #3
    ROG Enthusiast Array Fist3365 PC Specs
    Fist3365 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus IX Hero (BIOS 1009)
    ProcessorIntel I7-6700k Ocd 4.6
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32gb (4x8)
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080TI O11G
    MonitorAsus Designo Curve MX34VQ
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1tb SSD
    CPU CoolerCaptain 240 EX RGB
    CaseCorsair 750D Airflow
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Red Silent
    Mouse Razer Death Adder Elite
    Headset Hyper X Cloud 2
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300
    Headset/Speakers Logitech
    OS Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U
    Accessory #1 Little Dot MKII Headphone Tube Amp
    Accessory #2 Schiit Audio Magni 2 Uber

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    35

    Quote Originally Posted by FuryA@ASUS View Post
    hi Fist3365
    have You tried installing the other different SSDs for testing including reinstall win10 system
    "Intel Rapid Start" drivers for Fast Startup testing does it work?
    Not sure what you meant by your post, but I am just looking for input about the audio and performance of the ROG Hero IX compared to what I have already.
    I7-6700k OC'd 4.6 // Asus ROG Maximus Hero 9 // ROG GTX 1080ti OC //Corsair LPX DDR4 32gb 3ghz // Corsair AX 1500i // 1tb Samsung 850 EVO // 256gb Samsung 850 PRO for OS // Windows 10 Home 64

  4. #4
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array AkaNe0 PC Specs
    AkaNe0 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X Formula
    Processori7-8700K
    Memory (part number)G.skill Trident-Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    CaseOpenBenchtable
    Power SupplySeasonic PRIME Platinum 1000W
    Keyboard ROG Claymore
    Mouse ROG Pugio
    AkaNe0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Reputation
    19
    Posts
    566

    Quote Originally Posted by Fist3365 View Post
    Hello,
    I am looking at upgrading my MOBO from my current one which is a low to mid grade Gigabyte Z170 board (Gigabyte Z170 X Gaming 6) to a ROG Hero IX, and would appreciate some feedback.

    I am definitely curious on how much of an upgrade it will be. The Asus ROG Hero IX seems real nice and is the one I am looking at. I would hope the ROG board would be a good sound quality upgrade over my current board. My current board has an ALC 1150 audio CODEC or DAC. The rest of my audio components include a nice Audio Quest USB 2.0 Cable to a Schiit Audio WYRD then another Audio Quest USB 2.0 cable to a Schiit Audio Modi 2 Uber DAC. Then I have the Audio out from the Modi 2 Uber that feeds a Little Dot MKII Headphone tube amp. The headphones I listen with are the Hifiman Edition X, Hifiman HE-400i, and Mr. Speakers Mad Dog's. I love the setup and enjoy what it sounds like, but to know the ROG Hero IX would be an audio quality upgrade would be enough reason for me to purchase the board.

    Also the other reason for me to upgrade to the ROG Hero IX would be an increase in performace ie, higher OC and possible higher benchmarks with games and synthetic benchmarks.

    The new ROG boards look great and I had very good experiences with my previous AMD build that had the Crosshair v Formula Z mobo also. I am not concerned with spending the money for a new board, I would just like to know it would be an upgrade in these areas at least.

    Thank you all for your responses.
    Hi Fist3365,

    With the launch of Kabylake it's the right time to upgrade your board. On the Audio side, the Maximus IX Hero has the following:
    • SupremeFX S1220 CODEC
    • ‧ES9023P High Definition DAC
    • ‧Impedance sense for front and rear
    • ‧120dB SNR stereo playback output
    • ‧113dB SNR recording input
    • Sonic Studio III & Sonic Radar II


    So compare to the Standard ALC1220 and the ALC 1150 that you have on your actual motherboard you will have a better dynamic range. From our tests, we have 113db against 108db (ALC1220). Plus we provide Sonic Studio III software for a better control of your devices with profiles.

    If you want to know more about the Maximus IX Hero, you can visit the product page: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-HERO/
    And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

  5. #5
    ROG Enthusiast Array Fist3365 PC Specs
    Fist3365 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus IX Hero (BIOS 1009)
    ProcessorIntel I7-6700k Ocd 4.6
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32gb (4x8)
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080TI O11G
    MonitorAsus Designo Curve MX34VQ
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1tb SSD
    CPU CoolerCaptain 240 EX RGB
    CaseCorsair 750D Airflow
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Red Silent
    Mouse Razer Death Adder Elite
    Headset Hyper X Cloud 2
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300
    Headset/Speakers Logitech
    OS Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U
    Accessory #1 Little Dot MKII Headphone Tube Amp
    Accessory #2 Schiit Audio Magni 2 Uber

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    35

    Quote Originally Posted by AkaNe@Asus View Post
    Hi Fist3365,

    With the launch of Kabylake it's the right time to upgrade your board. On the Audio side, the Maximus IX Hero has the following:
    • SupremeFX S1220 CODEC
    • ‧ES9023P High Definition DAC
    • ‧Impedance sense for front and rear
    • ‧120dB SNR stereo playback output
    • ‧113dB SNR recording input
    • Sonic Studio III & Sonic Radar II


    So compare to the Standard ALC1220 and the ALC 1150 that you have on your actual motherboard you will have a better dynamic range. From our tests, we have 113db against 108db (ALC1220). Plus we provide Sonic Studio III software for a better control of your devices with profiles.

    If you want to know more about the Maximus IX Hero, you can visit the product page: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-HERO/

    Thanks AkaNE....I have been doing some more research and now I am gonna have to buy new RAM for the MOBO. My current RAM is not on the QVL for either of the three ROG IX boards.
    I7-6700k OC'd 4.6 // Asus ROG Maximus Hero 9 // ROG GTX 1080ti OC //Corsair LPX DDR4 32gb 3ghz // Corsair AX 1500i // 1tb Samsung 850 EVO // 256gb Samsung 850 PRO for OS // Windows 10 Home 64

  6. #6
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array AkaNe0 PC Specs
    AkaNe0 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X Formula
    Processori7-8700K
    Memory (part number)G.skill Trident-Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    CaseOpenBenchtable
    Power SupplySeasonic PRIME Platinum 1000W
    Keyboard ROG Claymore
    Mouse ROG Pugio
    AkaNe0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Reputation
    19
    Posts
    566

    Quote Originally Posted by Fist3365 View Post
    Thanks AkaNE....I have been doing some more research and now I am gonna have to buy new RAM for the MOBO. My current RAM is not on the QVL for either of the three ROG IX boards.
    Could you confirm the Memory kit you have?

    Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32gb (4x8) 3000Mhz
    CMK32GX4M4B3000C15
    And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

  7. #7
    ROG Enthusiast Array Fist3365 PC Specs
    Fist3365 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus IX Hero (BIOS 1009)
    ProcessorIntel I7-6700k Ocd 4.6
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32gb (4x8)
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080TI O11G
    MonitorAsus Designo Curve MX34VQ
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1tb SSD
    CPU CoolerCaptain 240 EX RGB
    CaseCorsair 750D Airflow
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Red Silent
    Mouse Razer Death Adder Elite
    Headset Hyper X Cloud 2
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300
    Headset/Speakers Logitech
    OS Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U
    Accessory #1 Little Dot MKII Headphone Tube Amp
    Accessory #2 Schiit Audio Magni 2 Uber

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    35

    Quote Originally Posted by AkaNe@Asus View Post
    Could you confirm the Memory kit you have?

    Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32gb (4x8) 3000Mhz
    CMK32GX4M4B3000C15
    AkaNe,
    That is the correct memory kit that I have.
    I7-6700k OC'd 4.6 // Asus ROG Maximus Hero 9 // ROG GTX 1080ti OC //Corsair LPX DDR4 32gb 3ghz // Corsair AX 1500i // 1tb Samsung 850 EVO // 256gb Samsung 850 PRO for OS // Windows 10 Home 64

  8. #8
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array AkaNe0 PC Specs
    AkaNe0 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X Formula
    Processori7-8700K
    Memory (part number)G.skill Trident-Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    CaseOpenBenchtable
    Power SupplySeasonic PRIME Platinum 1000W
    Keyboard ROG Claymore
    Mouse ROG Pugio
    AkaNe0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Reputation
    19
    Posts
    566

    Quote Originally Posted by Fist3365 View Post
    AkaNe,
    That is the correct memory kit that I have.
    A new list of memory QVL has been updated and now you model appear in the compatible list - so no need to upgrade your memory kit.

    You can access the updated list from January 13th here or check the latest on from the memory/device support on support website.
    And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

  9. #9
    ROG Enthusiast Array Fist3365 PC Specs
    Fist3365 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus IX Hero (BIOS 1009)
    ProcessorIntel I7-6700k Ocd 4.6
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32gb (4x8)
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080TI O11G
    MonitorAsus Designo Curve MX34VQ
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1tb SSD
    CPU CoolerCaptain 240 EX RGB
    CaseCorsair 750D Airflow
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Red Silent
    Mouse Razer Death Adder Elite
    Headset Hyper X Cloud 2
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300
    Headset/Speakers Logitech
    OS Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U
    Accessory #1 Little Dot MKII Headphone Tube Amp
    Accessory #2 Schiit Audio Magni 2 Uber

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    35

    Quote Originally Posted by AkaNe@Asus View Post
    A new list of memory QVL has been updated and now you model appear in the compatible list - so no need to upgrade your memory kit.

    You can access the updated list from January 13th here or check the latest on from the memory/device support on support website.
    AkaNe, that kit on the updated QVL is the 2x16gb kit and I have the 4x8 kit.
    I7-6700k OC'd 4.6 // Asus ROG Maximus Hero 9 // ROG GTX 1080ti OC //Corsair LPX DDR4 32gb 3ghz // Corsair AX 1500i // 1tb Samsung 850 EVO // 256gb Samsung 850 PRO for OS // Windows 10 Home 64

  10. #10
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array AkaNe0 PC Specs
    AkaNe0 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X Formula
    Processori7-8700K
    Memory (part number)G.skill Trident-Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    CaseOpenBenchtable
    Power SupplySeasonic PRIME Platinum 1000W
    Keyboard ROG Claymore
    Mouse ROG Pugio
    AkaNe0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Reputation
    19
    Posts
    566

    Quote Originally Posted by Fist3365 View Post
    AkaNe, that kit on the updated QVL is the 2x16gb kit and I have the 4x8 kit.
    For the following models, I confirm that Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32gb (4x8) 3000Mhz CMK32GX4M4B3000C15 ver4.24 and 5.29 are compatible.

    They will be added to the QVL list shortly.
    And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •