Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA with RIING RGB and Q fan questions

Schlitzy
Level 7
Hey all,

I'm new here and this is my first post 😄

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this, and point me in some direction please.

I have a new Maximus Formula IV and I purchased the Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing RGB 360 which comes with 3 RGB fans and a hub controller they all plug into. Will those fans work on the AURA headers in conjunction with the AURA software if I plug them or the controller into the headers?

Would I hurt anything by hooking them up if they don't?

Can I run these fans with the Qfan controls from one fan header while hooked into the hub controller that came with it?

Any insight would be appreciated, thank you!
5 REPLIES 5

Thanks Chino.

I did check the box and documentation, but nothing referring to AURA at all. I don't know if I'd damage anything by connecting the fans to those headers or not and trying it out, any thoughts?

Thanks again.

Chino
Level 15
The fan headers are rated for 1A. As long as your fan's power draw is less than that, you don't have anything to worry about.

The fan LEDs are controlled exclusively by the control box that comes with them. They connect to the motherboard only for power.

Valethar wrote:
The fan LEDs are controlled exclusively by the control box that comes with them. They connect to the motherboard only for power.

That's what I thought... also the M6F is way too early, we didn't advertise any AURA features with the M6F. The first series to start carry AURA advertised features are the Maximus VIII boards.