Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Angry G752VT high temperature

Hi, it's me again. In ASUS service center I received my laptop after reapair with new stock cooling system. And - LOL - it's still about 100 C in games like BF 4. So, as I see, it's sort of normal operating temperature on load. As I read, a lot of users in this forum have the same issue, but another say it's about 80 C in games. It's very, very strange.

I am sorry, G752VT!

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by guyfawkes View Post
    I am sorry, G752VT!
    Mine has spiked as high as 100 deg before any thermal throttling took place. But that was on my lap.
    Normally it spikes upto around 93 deg c but only momentarily and it does not thermally throttle.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

ROG Enthusiast Array

The CPU of my G752VY never goes beyond 84ºC with The Witcher 3 and Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (and the GPU tops at 73º).

It's nice temperature, what is your temperature in idle mode (after windows boot)? Mine is about 40-45º C

Bump

There are a few options you can take to lower the operating temperatures.

You can try undervolting your CPU. I have my G752VT running on a -140 mV undervolt, and it is perfectly fine and stable with a significant drop in temperatures from stock voltage.

You can limit your processor to 99% which will limit the CPU clock to ~2.5GHz and, again, drop the temperature significantly, but also with a drop in performance(I have seen a 4-10fps drop in CPU-bound tests in 3D Mark when testing).

You can add an external laptop cooler. I use one from time to time for some games, and I have seen a 4-8 degree Celsius drop in temps in some games like Mechwarrior Online, which tend to make my laptop run pretty hot. Most of the time it doesn't really do much, just a degree or two difference. I had it as a leftover from a previous laptop.

And finally you can drop the temperature of your room. Maybe kick that AC down a few degrees and hope it helps.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by guyfawkes View Post
    It's nice temperature, what is your temperature in idle mode (after windows boot)? Mine is about 40-45º C
    Pretty similar.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I have a R752VM model. Iddle I have 43-48 degrees and in games (not very consuming ones) it stays around 75.

If I could ask you guys: Which gaming center version are you using? I have the 1.0.12.

Also by default the Turbo gear is on extreme configuration. Is it possible to change it with along with the profiles?

Quote Originally Posted by Ancients View Post
    There are a few options you can take to lower the operating temperatures.

You can try undervolting your CPU. I have my G752VT running on a -140 mV undervolt, and it is perfectly fine and stable with a significant drop in temperatures from stock voltage.

You can limit your processor to 99% which will limit the CPU clock to ~2.5GHz and, again, drop the temperature significantly, but also with a drop in performance(I have seen a 4-10fps drop in CPU-bound tests in 3D Mark when testing).

You can add an external laptop cooler. I use one from time to time for some games, and I have seen a 4-8 degree Celsius drop in temps in some games like Mechwarrior Online, which tend to make my laptop run pretty hot. Most of the time it doesn't really do much, just a degree or two difference. I had it as a leftover from a previous laptop.

And finally you can drop the temperature of your room. Maybe kick that AC down a few degrees and hope it helps.
    I have one question, why vendor (ASUS) didn't do this? I am just simple user of device.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast