cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VT high temperature

guyfawkes
Level 7
Hi, it's me again. In ASUS service center I received my laptop after reapair with new stock cooling system. And - LOL - it's still about 100 C in games like BF 4. So, as I see, it's sort of normal operating temperature on load. As I read, a lot of users in this forum have the same issue, but another say it's about 80 C in games. It's very, very strange.
13 REPLIES 13

guyfawkes
Level 7
I am sorry, G752VT!

guyfawkes wrote:
I am sorry, G752VT!

Mine has spiked as high as 100 deg before any thermal throttling took place. But that was on my lap.
Normally it spikes upto around 93 deg c but only momentarily and it does not thermally throttle.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The CPU of my G752VY never goes beyond 84ºC with The Witcher 3 and Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (and the GPU tops at 73º).

BoutTime01 wrote:
Mine has spiked as high as 100 deg before any thermal throttling took place. But that was on my lap.
Normally it spikes upto around 93 deg c but only momentarily and it does not thermally throttle.

Realised yesterday that my power profile was set to maximum keeping the CPU at 100% minimum. Set it to balanced allowing the CPU to go down to 5% minimum and temp now maxes out at 89 deg c.

guyfawkes
Level 7
It's nice temperature, what is your temperature in idle mode (after windows boot)? Mine is about 40-45º C

guyfawkes wrote:
It's nice temperature, what is your temperature in idle mode (after windows boot)? Mine is about 40-45º C

Pretty similar.

guyfawkes
Level 7
Bump

Ancients
Level 10
There are a few options you can take to lower the operating temperatures.

You can try undervolting your CPU. I have my G752VT running on a -140 mV undervolt, and it is perfectly fine and stable with a significant drop in temperatures from stock voltage.

You can limit your processor to 99% which will limit the CPU clock to ~2.5GHz and, again, drop the temperature significantly, but also with a drop in performance(I have seen a 4-10fps drop in CPU-bound tests in 3D Mark when testing).

You can add an external laptop cooler. I use one from time to time for some games, and I have seen a 4-8 degree Celsius drop in temps in some games like Mechwarrior Online, which tend to make my laptop run pretty hot. Most of the time it doesn't really do much, just a degree or two difference. I had it as a leftover from a previous laptop.

And finally you can drop the temperature of your room. Maybe kick that AC down a few degrees and hope it helps.

I have a R752VM model. Iddle I have 43-48 degrees and in games (not very consuming ones) it stays around 75.

If I could ask you guys: Which gaming center version are you using? I have the 1.0.12.

Also by default the Turbo gear is on extreme configuration. Is it possible to change it with along with the profiles?