cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IX Formula fixed RGB colour in BIOS

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Loved that the RV10E let you simply choose a fixed LED colour in the BIOS....no need for software etc.

Any possibility of this on the M9F?
6 REPLIES 6

Raja
Level 13
No plans for this.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

JustinThyme
Level 13
loading up the lighting software is easy enough and once you set it, its locked in until you change it. Doesnt need to stay running in the back ground.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

The application AURA does need to run, but there is a service in the background of the windows. Check how many CPU it uses.

I was not able to lower the CPU on this aura service, it was 20-25% permanently.

Complete uninstall, restart, install, did not help. Once I run the app to activate just a stable light, the service started to use 20-25% CPU, what is "funny" on a core i7 7700k... is not it?

It was a completely virgin windows 10 x64 with all windows updates. I just installed the drivers from the asus DVD, nothing else. So, not windows related problem.

Feklar
Level 8
I checked on mine and it's using 0% CPU usage. It does show as a service but not running evidently. I have mine set for a static color. I'm on Win 7 Pro.

i9 12900k + Asus Maximus Z690 Apex + EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 ULTRA
G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 6000l XMP 3.0 Desktop Memory Model F5-6000U4040E16GX2-TZ5RK+ Samsung 870 Pro SSD, EVO 1TB, EVO 2TB
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 Power Supply + Fractal Meshify 2 XL case
Ek Velocity 2 CPU block, Ek GPU block
Koolance Fittings and QDC's + Mo-Ra 3 Pro 4x180 Radiator
LG 38GL950G Monitor +
Windows 10 Pro

Feklar wrote:
I checked on mine and it's using 0% CPU usage. It does show as a service but not running evidently. I have mine set for a static color. I'm on Win 7 Pro.

The higer load is not constantly. There is some were / some how a tricker that it causes. It has to be tested, but I assume Asus is reading the Internet too, knows this problem and is busy to fix it. Looking forward for a solution so we can use our hardware properly.