Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Mousepad View Post
    Yea I was thinking of doing a whole system reset before I jump ship to a new one. Do you think anyone would even buy a laptop like this with battery not working and keyboard issues? Obviously it still has all the other components working but if you can't type properly on it....
    Absolutely. You won't get the same as one in excellent condition but you might be surprised how much you can still get. People buy broken stuff because they are adept at repairing things, because they want a challenge and don't mind failing, or because they need donor parts for another broken machine. You might actually be able to make more money by dismantling it and selling the parts separately yourself, but most of the time I don't think it's worth the effort unless you have a business setup to do it.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post
    Did the replacement battery also stop charging for you or was it just typical poor performance from aftermarket generic batteries? Wondering in case I ever find a cheap 751 secondhand. I might not bother if all the batteries are unpredictable.
    The 'chinese' ones don't work from the start and the genuine ones fail after 12 months again, in my opinion it's not worth the money to replace it every year
    Laptop: G751JL
    Processor: i7-4750HQ
    Graphics Card: GTX 965M
    Memory: 8 GB Samsung (stock)
    Storage #1: Samsung 850 EVO 250gb
    Storage #2: 1 TB 7200 rpm (stock)

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! I will try them and see if they work and if not I will sell! It's a bummer overall as I don't need a new computer so I'm hoping I can still salvage this for longer.

So it appears that I fixed the keyboard issue. Last month I took apart the laptop to remove the battery and obviously unconnected and reconnected everything. I also disabled the touchpad completely and changed touchpad delay to off as suggested by some. So either one of these or both fixed it as I did these at the same time. Most likely it's reconnecting the cables that fixed it.

Super Moderator Array

Glad to hear you could get the keyboard working at least and thanks for the update!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2