cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone using the latest Intel MEI driver/firmware ?

Dave500
Level 7
ntel Management Engine (ME) Firmware Version 11.0.0.1202 Is the latest on Station drivers , Asus have not updated the 2015 version yet,lol

I wanted to know if it is problem free ect,

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=353&func=select&id=464〈=fr
5 REPLIES 5

ondersma80
Level 7
Dave500 wrote:
Asus have not updated the 2015 version yet

I don't run any stuff from station drivers, who knows what is in those files or what validation they have undergone. You might take another look at your downloads for the M8H. They have posted 11.0.5.1189 which is what I run with no issues. 11.0.5.1189 was released 2016/08/02 and is file dated 2016/03/28. They have also posted an even newer 11.6.0.1032 that is dated 2016/12/14. The later I have read some complaints on but haven't installed since I have no use for it. Seems all pretty up to date to me. I seem to be missing the "2015 lol".

Here is a screenshot of 11.0.5.1189 that is available for our boards, works perfectly:

Korth
Level 14
*Never* install software from third-party sites, lol.
*Never* *ever* install drivers and other low-level-hardware-interface stuff from third-party sites, lol.
*Never* *ever* *ever* install firmware from third-party sites, lol.

Always download directly from the source. In this instance, the ASUS/ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO Driver & Tools download page or the Intel Management Engine Interface (IMEI) Download Page. The software is made entirely by Intel, you will never find any official versions more recent than those offered by Intel.

And always run a full scan on anything and everything which contains executable code before running or installing. No matter how "trustworthy" the source. Even ASUS and Intel can get hacked, lol.

Anything less is reckless and unhygienic, just asking to catch some sort of digital disease. Third-party driver/firmware download sites (Station Drivers, CNET, FileHippo, etc) are notorious for posting trojans and malware-infected files. Basically any site which runs ads, which pays to advertise itself (and thus appears "high-ranked" on the search engines) or which proudly brandishes the word "Free" somewhere on every page is automatically untrustworthy. Plus you don't need to play their stupid games - create a registered account, wait for your downloads, get ridirected through a dozen mirrors, pay for premium service, etc - Anything less is unhygienic, just asking to catch some sort of digital disease. Don't waste your time watching countdowns, watching their ads, playing the captcha game, running their crappy apps/toolbars/plug-ins, or paying for what's already completely free.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

JustinThyme
Level 13
That one is actually old new!
I running 11.6.0.1047

Win raid always seems to keep up good with this and IRST drivers, just make sure you grab the right one for the platform you are running is the bigger part of the equation. This driver address alot of the power states of the CPU so choose wisely. Basically you have PCH-H and PCH-LP. Most maximus boards should be PCH-H. Im running the 11.6.0.1047 on and M8E and M9F.

http://www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Intel-Management-Engine-Drivers-Firmware-amp-System-Tools.html

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
That one is actually old new!
I running 11.6.0.1047

Win raid always seems to keep up good with this and IRST drivers, just make sure you grab the right one for the platform you are running is the bigger part of the equation. This driver address alot of the power states of the CPU so choose wisely. Basically you have PCH-H and PCH-LP. Most maximus boards should be PCH-H. Im running the 11.6.0.1047 on and M8E and M9F.

http://www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Intel-Management-Engine-Drivers-Firmware-amp-System-Tools.html

I'm in agreement with him. Just make sure you have the right firmware as there can be no going back*if you flash the wrong firmware... Well you can but it is complicated.

You are likely to come up against strong opinions on theses forums (and plenty of others) about whether to download firmware/Bios/drivers from 3rd party websites, but I've used Station Drivers and Win-Raid*for firmware and drivers with few problems. I'd be lying if I said I had never had issues, but this is always down to lack of research. If you want a trouble free system and play safe, always stick to ASUS, NVIDIA etc, but if you want to build on your knowledge and you accept full responsibility for every f*ck up you make then dive in like every enthusiast would...

Boggy wrote:
If you want a trouble free system and play safe, always stick to ASUS, NVIDIA etc, but if you want to build on your knowledge and you accept full responsibility for every f*ck up you make then dive in like every enthusiast would...

What if over years this "enthusiast" tries drivers from 3rd party sites then over time becomes so knowledgeable and experienced he/she morphs into a "super enthusiast" and concludes it is actually more "enthusiast" to not play with unverified/tested/built drivers just for fun? 😉