cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IX Hero does not boot with F4-4133C19D at 4133MHz (Code 49)

rezss
Level 7
Hello there,

a couple of days ago i just bought the G.Skill F4-4133C19D-16GTZA and the IX Hero with a thrill of anticipation i can fully use the XMP Profile.
The thing is, with the XMP Profile enabled, the PC won't boot (error code 49).

I can only go as high as 3866Mhz (?) with a slightly increased VCCSA and VCCIO Voltage. No chance with 4GHz. Not even the 4GHz DRAM OC Preset does work.

So something must be faulty right? Is there anyone who can confirm that the IX Hero actually does support 4133MHz? And since i am able to send the stuff back within 2 weeks, can someone give me a hint how i can figure out which part (ram or motherboard) is responsible for it?

CPU: 7700k
BIOS: 0701

Thanks in advance!
9 REPLIES 9

Menthol
Level 14
rezss,
This could be because of several reasons
Have you checked Gskill's website for compatibility for the memory kit you have? Looks like that kit is only certified on one motherboard MVIII Impact. Maximum rated speeds for these high binned kits can not always be reached even when everything is rated or certified, I believe you need to look for the following kits for even a chance to reach that speed and expect to have to tune your system to get there

@Menthol: You're right. I see that GSkill tested the RAM Kit only with the VIII Impact. ASUS itself lists only RAM that is nowhere to be found. But has the same spec as my RAM. (https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-HERO/HelpDesk_QVL/). Does that mean that ASUS currently doesnt support any 4133MHz RAM? Is it in a realm of possibility that they will add more supported ram with BIOS updates? How did they handle this in the past?

@Chino: Yes i did. Unfortunately it didn't help.

Raja
Level 13
Look for one of GSkill's DDR4-3600 kits for the board. You should find something. No need to go for a 4133 kit really.

Brutaka
Level 7
I'm constantly getting code 49 on my IX Hero Mobo running an i7-6700k (4.6 OC) with Corsair Vengeance 2x8 (CMK16X4M2B3200C16). There are so many times where I'll turn on my PC and my PC will hang with the ram light being on and sometimes giving me a 00 and 01 for the RAM led and 49 for the CPU led. I'm about to just give it up and buy a pre built PC. I've been out of a desktop PC for 2 months. I've been working on computers for 7 years and this is by far the most frustrating thing I've ever had to deal with.
Jonathan Jung

Hello everyone!
Just bought same memory G.Skill F4-4133C19D-16GTZA and have same MB MAXIMUS IX HERO.
Can start system only @3733.
When trying higher frequency, CPU, RAM leds, are lighting up one by by, QLED show ... 01 ... 03 ...

Yesterday i bild new PC for my friend with 8700K on z370 STRIX - F, tried my memory and system started only @3900 ...

Both MB have lastest firmware.

SkynetDDS wrote:
Hello everyone!
Just bought same memory G.Skill F4-4133C19D-16GTZA and have same MB MAXIMUS IX HERO.
Can start system only @3733.
When trying higher frequency, CPU, RAM leds, are lighting up one by by, QLED show ... 01 ... 03 ...

Yesterday i bild new PC for my friend with 8700K on z370 STRIX - F, tried my memory and system started only @3900 ...

Both MB have lastest firmware.

These boards use t-topology trace routing, so prefer four-dimm kits. You won't attain the maximum supported frequency with one dimm per channel.

Brutaka wrote:
I'm constantly getting code 49 on my IX Hero Mobo running an i7-6700k (4.6 OC) with Corsair Vengeance 2x8 (CMK16X4M2B3200C16). There are so many times where I'll turn on my PC and my PC will hang with the ram light being on and sometimes giving me a 00 and 01 for the RAM led and 49 for the CPU led. I'm about to just give it up and buy a pre built PC. I've been out of a desktop PC for 2 months. I've been working on computers for 7 years and this is by far the most frustrating thing I've ever had to deal with.

Hello friend, I have the same problem with these CMK64GX4M4B3200C16 3 days ago everything was fine when it suddenly gave me a blue screen, restart and everything normal, it was like 11am I turned it off and until the afternoon like 5pm I turned it on and did not give me a post, It was that I opened it, took out the 4 ram, changed the modules and gave me a post, but at the same time the bios was reset, that is, I had deactivated the xmp, I activated it again, and after it restarted with the changes , it did not give me a post and I get the same error number 49 as you, I would like to know how you solved it or if you managed to make it give a post with high frequencies.

Chino
Level 15
Tweak your VCCIO and SA voltages. Here are some guidelines:

DDR4 frequency rangeRequired CPU VCCIO Voltage rangeRequired CPU System Agent Voltage range
DDR4-2133 ~ DDR4-28001.05V ~ 1.15V1.05V ~ 1.15V
DDR4-2800 ~ DDR4-36001.10V ~ 1.25V1.10V ~ 1.30V
DDR4-3600 ~ DDR4-42661.15V ~ 1.30V1.20V ~ 1.35V

Source: http://edgeup.asus.com/2017/kaby-lake-overclocking-guide/