New ROGer Array

adaptive mode problems

Hello,I have a Z170-A 6700k overclocked to 4.5 at 1.325v and dominator platinum 2666.I have been running this over a month now with low temps and 0 problems.I wanted to switch to adaptive mode for better optimization.I enabled adaptive mode and entered 1.325 in turbo and f10.Computer restarts, I get a black screen and have to do a hard reset.I have tried lowering the multiplier and setting the ram to stock but still locks up after restart.

Not sure what I'm missing or doing wrong.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos 170127100824.jpg  

170127100857.jpg  

170127100932.jpg  

170127101028.jpg  

170127101201.jpg  

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Can you take a screenshot of the options that you're modifying when switching over to adaptive?

New ROGer Array

Thanks for the reply.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos 170127135930.jpg  

ROG Member Array

I had to leave my ram voltage at it's stock rating and ai overclock tuner = XMP which let me finally go Adaptive.

To really take advantage of Adaptive mode you have to change the offset voltage. It's tricky but make sure you don't overlook anything.

- cpu core cache current limit max. 255.00
    - min cpu cache ratio 8
    - max cpu cache ratio 41
    etc
    etc

Reference this thread:
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...s-VIII-Extreme
    Last edited by skybone; 01-28-2017 at 12:12 AM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by skybone View Post
    I had to leave my ram voltage at it's stock rating and ai overclock tuner = XMP which let me finally go Adaptive.

To really take advantage of Adaptive mode you have to change the offset voltage. It's tricky but make sure you don't overlook anything.

- cpu core cache current limit max. 255.00
    - min cpu cache ratio 8
    - max cpu cache ratio 41
    etc
    etc

Reference this thread:
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...s-VIII-Extreme
    I seen that thread and it doesn't help me any.It doesn't go in-depth about adaptive.I tried switching to XMP with stock ram 2133.bumped 1.325 up to 1.40.off set 0.01V - 0.02V.I have even tried with defaults reset,no over clock and still complete lock up

as far as setting this,I have it set to auto.

cpu core cache current limit max. 255.00
    - min cpu cache ratio 8
    - max cpu cache ratio 41

This is the first time I have built a computer and I'm amazed I have gotten this far lol.But this adaptive mode has broken me.I don't know how much damage I'm doing with all these hard resets or if its even worth it at this point.

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Menthol PC Specs
    Menthol PC Specs
    MotherboardM 10 Apex / XI gene
    Processor8700K / 9900K
    Memory (part number)2x8 Gskill Trident Z 4266/2x2x8 Gskill Trident Z 4500
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2080ti / GTX 1060
    Sound CardSoundBlaster Ae5 / Onboard
    MonitorBENQ 32" 4K
    Storage #1Intel 900p 480GB/Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
    Storage #2Intel 750 1.2TB/Plextor 1 TB 2X 950 Pro
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i AIO / H1110i
    CaseCorsair 740 ? Lian Li Air
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1200i / AX 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair
    Mouse ASUS Strix
    Headset HyperX Cloud Alpha
    Mouse Pad ASUS
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z906
    OS 10 X64 Pro
    Network RouterVerizon Fios
    Accessory #1 Intel Wifi BT pcie card
    Accessory #2 Red Bull
    Accessory #3 English Breakfast Tea

I believe CPU SVID should be either left to default auto or enabled for adaptive voltage mode, there is no need to change SVID from it's default setting unless some extreme use scenario

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by shanty View Post
    I seen that thread and it doesn't help me any.It doesn't go in-depth about adaptive.I tried switching to XMP with stock ram 2133.bumped 1.325 up to 1.40.off set 0.01V - 0.02V.I have even tried with defaults reset,no over clock and still complete lock up

as far as setting this,I have it set to auto.

cpu core cache current limit max. 255.00
    - min cpu cache ratio 8
    - max cpu cache ratio 41

This is the first time I have built a computer and I'm amazed I have gotten this far lol.But this adaptive mode has broken me.I don't know how much damage I'm doing with all these hard resets or if its even worth it at this point.
    Hmm I know on Auto my ram was going at 1.344v or even 1.5v for some reason and I couldn't get it figured out either! It was such a pain.
    I changed it to my stock rating 1.2v and everything just worked.

My manual voltage can be set at 1.355v for 4.6ghz stable with Prime 95 and RealBench testing on the maximus viii hero board. You have a different board I'm guessing but you should be able to zero it in.

For adaptive mode I'm set at 1.376v with negative offset - 0.021 which works well for me. I spent a lot of time trying to get this figured out as a Auto offset was still cranking my voltage up to a max of 4.40v which is just nuts.

Here's a few other options you should go over. I think it's baseline stuff and yeah, just use it as a reference.
    - Load-line calibration Level 5
    - CPU VCCIO VOLTAGE 1.1v
    - CPU SYSTEM AGENT VOLTAGE 1.1v

New ROGer Array

millington close

Quote Originally Posted by Menthol View Post
    I believe CPU SVID should be either left to default auto or enabled for adaptive voltage mode, there is no need to change SVID from it's default setting unless some extreme use scenario
    Yes Sir!Also the EPU Power Saving Mode has to be enabled too,found this post about it https://hardforum.com/threads/adapti...6700k.1888157/ In the bios notes it says these 2 options should be disabled when overclocking which threw me off.

Computer is posting now everything seems good.I just had 1 more question.I have Ai tweaker in manual mode with my ram set to 2666.Should I enable XMP or just leave it manual?