Hybrid View

ROG Member Array

How do i back up Windows 10?

Hi, I own an Asus ROG GL502VS and it came with windows 10 I just installed Ubuntu on it but while I was installing it I realized that I did not have any backup from my original Windows 10, is there any way to make an ISO image of my windows to prevent any future problem? I have looked for it on Internet but the Tutorials always come with Backing up everything and I just wanna a clean image of Windows 10, is it posible?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Use Microsoft's own Create a recovery drive. At the start menu type in recovery and it should show up. You will need 16 GB space. Keep in mind this will only backup your OEM installation and nothing you have added since other than some settings and I think major updates like Anniversary update.
    To backup data files you can go to Settings / Update and Security: Backup.
    Last edited by U2Desire; 01-27-2017 at 11:54 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by U2Desire View Post
    Use Microsoft's own Create a recovery drive. At the start menu type in recovery and it should show up. You will need 16 GB space. Keep in mind this will only backup your OEM installation and nothing you have added since other than some settings and I think major updates like Anniversary update.
    To backup data files you can go to Settings / Update and Security: Backup.
    Thanks it was really more easy than I thought anyway I now have an USB drive with the image I hope not to use it.