cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIMUS IX FORMULA leds wont turn off

Teletha
Level 9
so i have a problem that the leds on the board doesn't turn off when i place computer in sleep or hibernate. I have changed the setting in bios which says that when the computer is in hibernate or sleep the leds will be OFF or on depending on what you chose. but even when i changed that setting the board still does the rainbow when its off its not even doing my set color but most importantly it doesn't turn off... Fyi i want the leds on when the computer is on and that is working just fine.
i have the corsair rm1000x the asus support says that it must be the psu but is the corsair supply really the problem doesn't it support sleep states?
AMD Ryzen 7950X3D [x2 360 Rad EKWB] | Asus Extreme x670E | RTX TUF 4090 OC@3GHz [EKWB Block] | Corsair HX1500i | G.Skill Neo CL30 6000MHz (2x32GB) | 980+950 Pro 1TB M.2 | x6 850 PRO 512GB | NAS 4x 18TB Seagate Exo Raid 10+Backblaze | Lian-Li o11D XL | Main Screen: Samsung NEO G9 | AUX: LG IPS7 27" (x2) LG CX 55" G-Sync | Copyright©1996-2023 Teletha™ All rights reserved. ® -"Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys."
25 REPLIES 25

Raja
Level 13
Try setting via Aura software.

I have this same exact behavior on my IX Code. I have the option in the BIOS set so the LEDs will be off when the system is off, but whenever I turn the system off -- the LEDs start cycling/rainbow effect (onboard LEDs only, the RGB headers do correctly turn off).

There's no setting in the AURA software (that I can find) specifically addressing behavior when the system is off -- only in the BIOS. It wouldn't be so bad if it at least remained a static color like I have it set in AURA, but it looks silly sitting there going all rainbow when it's off.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Try setting via Aura software.

Hi Raja,

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to address the issue. Any other thoughts? Is ASUS aware of this issue, is it something that will be addressed? *

magn2o wrote:
Hi Raja,

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to address the issue. Any other thoughts? Is ASUS aware of this issue, is it something that will be addressed?

Have you tried clearing your CMOS to reset the effect?

Chino wrote:
Have you tried clearing your CMOS to reset the effect?

Yep, multiple times. One of those times, things got really weird: When I powered the system off, the LEDS would light up to a static color (red; which is what I have them set to via AURA) -- however, when the system powered ON, the LEDS would turn off. Weirdest thing. Booting into Windows and reconfiguring Aura fixed that though, but, once again -- when turned off, the onboard LEDs start rainbow cycling.

magn2o wrote:
Hi Raja,

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to address the issue. Any other thoughts? Is ASUS aware of this issue, is it something that will be addressed?

That is strange, as I just used the software on my Apex board and it worked fine. I went to the independant tab, and set the the power off option to off in the standby effects list then clicked apply, and no Aura LED lighting is active during standby. I'm using the 2/08 update of the lighting control software.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
That is strange, as I just used the software on my Apex board and it worked fine. I went to the independant tab, and set the the power off option to off in the standby effects list then clicked apply, and no Aura LED lighting is active during standby. I'm using the 2/08 update of the lighting control software.

Well, can you please provide us an url for the mentioned update?

On the asus.com site the lates version is from 2017/01/19, which has many issues.

Raja@ASUS wrote:

I installed the 2/08 update on my Code; same issue, unfortunately. When the system is shutdown, the onboard LEDs have reverted to the "rainbow effect" rather than either a) turning off (which is what I have set in the BIOS) or b) staying a static color (which is what I have configured in Aura).*

magn2o wrote:
I installed the 2/08 update on my Code; same issue, unfortunately. When the system is shutdown, the onboard LEDs have reverted to the "rainbow effect" rather than either a) turning off (which is what I have set in the BIOS) or b) staying a static color (which is what I have configured in Aura).*

Odd that it works fine for me. I didnt change anything in UEFI. Just set the correct options in Aura, and it's fine.