cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Gaming Center v2 for GL702VM

U2Desire
Level 7
Any date on when we will see ROG Gaming Center v2 for the GL702VM? I tried the version for GL702VS but unfortunately it just crashes but looks cool before it crashes.
I also noticed that some of the drivers for the VS are more up to date and works fine with VM Eg. Intel drivers. Touchpad and Card reader.

U2Desire
9 REPLIES 9

U2Desire
Level 7
Today I noticed that ROG Gaming Center 2.0.3 is now available from Asus Support page in the utilities section for the GL702VM. However after uninstalling old version reboot install new version reboot when I run Gaming Center it crashes after about 15 secs and if I try opening it again it crashes immediately until after a reboot.

Tried everything to get verserion 2.0.3 working and even tried version 2.0.0 but Gaming Center just crashes about 15 secs after it starts. Here is a copy of the events that are logged in relation to the program crash http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/643598/crash%20events.zip

Is anyone successfully using version 2.0.3 on either the GL502VM or GL702VM?

Edit: Should include the error report stuff

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ROG Gaming Center\ROGGamingCenter.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: ROGGamingCenter.exe
Problem Signature 02: 2.0.3.14
Problem Signature 03: 5837e099
Problem Signature 04: ROGGamingCenter
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.3.14
Problem Signature 06: 5837e099
Problem Signature 07: 44c
Problem Signature 08: 0
Problem Signature 09: System.IndexOutOfRangeException
OS Version: 10.0.14393.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 4105
Additional Information 1: 51f5
Additional Information 2: 51f5690118e9e77e4fd7763f5620d89e
Additional Information 3: 7ce3
Additional Information 4: 7ce3bd3a06b53e8f463a236f07cd804a

So after doing a clean install I FINALLY got the latest Gaming Center to work! Than installed Avast Premier and Malwarebytes Premium and it turns out Avast was the culprit.

link626
Level 7
so what new features?

still no fan control

Just looks cooler. Plus
ROG Gaming Center App for Android
- Connect via Wi-Fi Direct
- Real-time display of system information such as CPU/ GPU frequency, voltage, temperature, and others.
- Turbo Gear: Lets you change to different overclocking modes to meet your performance requirement instantly.
- Game Profile: Apply all related ROG app settings by one click before game launching.
- Utilities: Quickly access and adjust all system settings such as fan speed, LED, and others.

NOTE: Use this app with ROG Gaming Center v2.0.0 or later version on your PC.

U2Desire wrote:
Jus
- Utilities: Quickly access and adjust all system settings such as fan speed, LED, and others.

NOTE: Use this app with ROG Gaming Center v2.0.0 or later version on your PC.

eghh. I want fan control. to make mine sound like a leaf blower

Could just install Noteback Fan Control being discussed here post #139.

link626
Level 7
thanks for that tip.

didn't even know that app existed. 702vm profile works great for my 502vm.

but i thought 100% fan speed would sound louder and faster.

it appears the laptop fans already run at max speed in games, so I won't get extra cooling from this.

Thaer
Level 7

Did you encounter problems related to updating the graphics card for this model?
I recently moved from Windows 10 to Windows 11 and downloaded the latest update for this model from the Nvidia website.
When I installed the device, it froze and the screen went black
Do you have any suggestion?