cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page fault BSOD on Maximus IX Hero + i7 7700k + 3200MHz ram

madmeatballs
Level 7
Hello,

I have been experiencing random Page Fault in Nonpaged Area BSODs recently. They happen randomly on Windows Log on. I already tried putting everything back to stock. My 7700k is oc'ed to 5GHz @ 1.37vcore. It somehow passed stable with Prime95(26.6) 8hr, realbench 8hr stress(passed realbench if I set DRAM Voltage to 1.4v), Cinebench and gaming. At first the sticks were at A1B1 DIMM slots so I figured maybe that was the problem. But after I switched it to A2B2 it still happens but not as often. Now I tried increasing the DRAM Voltage to 1.4v it seems to be more stable, but I think it just decreased it's chance to get the Page Fault BSOD since it happened again just a few minutes ago but this time while my pc was just randomly downloading. Could this be a faulty ram worthy of RMA? These parts are fairly new and just a week old.
7 REPLIES 7

Nate152
Hi madmeatballs

At the top of the Dram Timing Control page try Maximus Tweak Mode 2, you may also have to tweak SA and IO voltages.

Here are some fixes for the page fault BSOD.

https://www.xtremerain.com/fix-page-fault-nonpaged-area/

I also noticed it only happens on cold boot. Could it be insufficient DRAM Voltage at start up?

Nate152
I'd try Maximus Tweak Mode 2 and raising the cpu system agent and vccio voltages (1.15v - 1.25v for both should be enough), then if needed raise the Dram voltage.

JustinThyme
Level 13
I was getting the same thing. IOMAP64.sys in several ASUS software folders. Can the software, delete the orphaned folders, download and Ccleaner run registry sweep to clean up the orphans in there and you will be all set. Its in multiple ASUS software packages. AI Suite is one of them for sure and a few others. If you want to find which ones just search the name IOMAP64.sys on your C:\

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

I already tried Tweak Mode 1 or 2.

Yes the Page Fault BSOD is the IOMAP64.sys. So it seems the culprit is from Asus' softwares?! I actually have almost all the ASUS software installed. Should I just remove them or just wait for an update to fix this? The Maximus IX line is pretty much still new.

qwertz
Level 9
Hi i get also PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA , IOMap64.sys
Have already installed win7 to win10 without any fix, latest asus software , latest bios etc.
It appear after boot to os few seconds later , not always occur but sometime 10 times in row.
If i restore backup image it bootes so far always fine first time.
Will the forum bugs get fixed?

You have AI Suite 3 installed right? Remove it. After I did that no more bsod. You can control your fans from the bios anyway. What graphics card do you have by the way? I'm guessing it isn't Asus right?