cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hero VIII q code 04

Mjolnir22
Level 7
Hello. *Encountered an issue today and am hoping for some advice. *Found computer in what looked like sleep mode. *Not sure if it had rebooted or not. *Hard stopped and restarted. *System hangs on q code 04. *Cleared cmos and retried similar results except during first restart system will shut down and restart early in the process. *I do not get to the bios screen so am unable to do much. *Any help appreciated.
32 REPLIES 32

Nate152
Hi Mjolnir22

Have you tried updating the bios with the bios flashback port ?

If that doesn't help, try stripping it down to minimal components and using the onboard graphics.

Does this get it to boot or move off of code 04 ?

Please list your complete system specs.

Hello. *I did strip it down to base components and was able to get to bios once with one stick of memory. It attempted to load windows but hung up. *Tried a different power supply with no luck. *Back at code 04.

Asus hero viii
I7 6700 k
Corsair h110i
Gskill trident z 2800 8gb x 2

When hung up on 04 I am getting a solid light on the vga led next to the 24 pin connector.*

Nate152

Old supply was corsair 1200. *2nd one is out of box corsair rm1000i. *How do you update bios if you can't get to the bios?

Looks like the last code it gets to before hanging with 04 is 72. PCH devices initialization

Nate152
Thank you

Download the latest bios from the Asus support Center and extract it to a usb flashdrive formatted to FAT 32, rename the bios file to M8H.CAP then insert it into the bios flashback port, press and hold the bios flashback button until it starts to flash, it should get faster as it goes then stop, it should take about 90 seconds to flash.

Here is a guide you can follow.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1142-How-to-use-ASUS-ROG-USB-BIOS-Flashback

Thanks will try that now. Thought I was making progress when I got the bios that one time, but no joy since that time.

Nate152

Well its not hanging up on 04 now it got to 62 and hangs there now. Still associated with PCH... this was using the latest 3101 bios.