cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6700K + Hero Alpha LAG running ultra slow HELP

vizzio
Level 7
Hey! sorry for the bad english not native speaking

I wanted to see how may I fix this issue, it seems more than a software issue, I recently upgraded my pc from a fx8350 to a 6700k but I needed a good partner for the i7 so I bought the Hero Alpha VIII, great build quality im running right now 6700k (4.2), GTX 980Ti, 16gb DDR4 2666Mhz (HyperX Fury), cooled by a H115i, im running some decent hardware but when I used the ASUS cd to install all the software from the mobo everything installed correctly however now my pc is running super laggy , my win desktop runs ultra slow I cant even select a item from the desktop since it freezes the problem comes when I try to run any kind of ROG software included it lags alot and is barely unusable the AI Suite 3 lags a lot and cant be even used since it lags and freezes once opened, not sure what might be happening but now my desktop is laggy without any reason tried to close all the ASUS software however it's still laggy.

I need help please!!!
2 REPLIES 2

Nate152
Hi vizzio

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Since we're not completely sure where the lag is coming from I'd do a complete windows reinstall and keep the Asus software installs to a minimum. Besides the necessary drivers I only install GPU Tweak II, Aura and sonic studio II which installs with the Realtek audio driver.

SinisterDev85
Level 11
I also have a Hero Alpha build . I purchased the Alpha back when it came out and I absolutely love it. I havent really had any trouble with Asus software, but I noticed that all the software on the disc was outdated when I got my mobo, so instead of installing from the supplied disc, I went directly to Asus.com, looked up the H8 Alpha and downloaded all the software I wanted from there. There are also other important updates for the mobo's chipset, Sound, SSD drivers, UEFI bios,etc. on there .
Like Nate said, Since were not totally sure where the lag is coming from, its probably best to do a fresh install and start over, since your build is new. Then we can go through each step and rule out possible causes for the lag.

We have a somewhat similar setup. Id be happy to share my UEFI settings and some links to a few guides I used to to get everything running nice and smooth. Ive got my 6600k Oc'd at 4.7ghz now and computer runs smooth as silk.

Also, what kind of storage device are you installing windows on? SSD? M.2? Did u install from a USB ? That information might also allow us to help you better.
ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | i9 14900ks | | G. Skill Trident Z5 8000 | 2x WD SN850x 4gb | Asus Strix RTX 4080 OC| Asus ROG Thor 1200w | Windows 11 Pro