cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New G752VM-GC005T broken after windows reset...

Delosari
Level 7
I wonder if anyone could offer me some advice 😞

I bought it last Thursday and the first day everything seemed fine. I updated Windows, I installed steam and set up the desktop.

I changed the 1 TB by a Samsung 840 evo pro model and I noticed a few slow reboots. I read on the forums they were caused by the bios. Once I updated the bios the reload times seemed fine again and the new hard drive was working.

However, once I started to move steam to the new drive I got a failed to load steamui.dll error. It seems a pretty common error but none of the solutions. Some people mentioned corrupted registry and windows reinstalling as the only solution. I thought it possible due to the new hard drive or me turning off the computer during the slow reboots.

I took this opportunity for a clean installation and this is where all the problems started....

I tried the reset from the laptop both keeping my files and not. Both failed at 30%. I tried the one using a USB created by Windows. It seemed OK but the installation failed at 50%... Taking away the operative system.

I can only think to use a windows 10 image and ask Microsoft to activate somehow... I have the usb and I guess they must have the computer linked to my account history....

Still I wonder if they will give me back my money in the shop I bought it...
8 REPLIES 8

Clintlgm
Level 14
I think maybe that Samsung 940 SSD has been out of warranty for a couple of years now. I think I would put the 1tB back in and see if that helps?
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Delosari
Level 7
Thank you for the reply. I need to change indeed the hd which was in my old good g750jx... However it was instslled in the data hardrive bay... In the OS bay I had the 128gb which came with the computer... So I completely lost the OS....

Any Idea where I can get a Windows 10 copy from Microsoft?

Clintlgm
Level 14
Sure Here Microsoft download page have you lost your eSupport folder on your C:\Windows\eSupport All your hardware drivers and Asus software are in that folder along with the Bloatware.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
Sure Here Microsoft download page have you lost your eSupport folder on your C:\Windows\eSupport All your hardware drivers and Asus software are in that folder along with the Bloatware.

What a pity I did not know that it would help me a lot :(. Although I did a copy with driver max.

I think I have found the issue to solve :

The computer cannot find the hard drive... It asks me for the drivers... Which one should it be?

How to install UEFI
Its the IRST RAID driver its looking for, you'll have to download it from Asus Support Downloads, and have it ready to supply when asked for it

Asus Support Downloads
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Thank you very much for all the help. Just a few doubts before I try again:

1) I have several options for the IRST drivers:

a) The drivers from the support page of my laptop version 14.8.1.1043
b) I did a back up copy with driver max and a a list with windrive. The version I had installed was 15.0.0.1039
c) In the intel website from the guide below the current driver is 15.2.0.1020

which one should I use? The drivers from the asus website includes .exe files while the others only .sys files. Not sure which one will work from the installer in the windows partition menu...

2) In order to proceed to reinstall all the drivers should I follow these steps?

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?81003-G752VT-clean-install-some-issues-found-and-questions

Thanks again

I would install the one you know was working, after getting back up and running you can update driver carefully, this is all discussed in GPS install thread
Otherwise you could have all available RAID Drivers ready and see what the install can see and load. Look Around the threads here IRST drivers and upgrade drivers are discussed
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
I would install the one you know was working, after getting back up and running you can update driver carefully, this is all discussed in GPS install thread
Otherwise you could have all available RAID Drivers ready and see what the install can see and load. Look Around the threads here IRST drivers and upgrade drivers are discussed

Thanks for the help. I finally managed to get my computer back. I still need to learn how to do a few things but at least now I know how to restore it :).

Thanks again