cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751jy Intel Core i7-4750HQ and normal temp ?

Il_vate
Level 7
Hello!
In my asus g751jy the CPU is an Intel Core i7-4750HQ.
What should be its average temperatures during gaming and idle?
I noticed that when I play battlefield 1, despite NFC, the CPU temperature rises to 85 degrees while the GPU remains at 70.
The temperature is not good?
What can I do to lower the temperature?
I can make a undervolt on my cpu?

Help me please, thank you!
8 REPLIES 8

BoutTime01
Level 7
My i7-6700HQ spikes way over 90. I would worry about it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

BoutTime01 wrote:
My i7-6700HQ spikes way over 90. I would worry about it.

*wouldn't

These temps seem pretty normal for gaming session. You can undervolt, if you like, for 5-10 C lower CPU temp, but I wouldn't bother if you stay under 85 C. Just put some alert message on 90 C with the HwInfo.

With my G752VY, my max CPU temperature with The Witcher 3 and Assassin's Creed: Syndicate is 84ºC (the average is 74ºC or so). With the same games, the GPU's top temperature is about 73ºC (the average is 67ºC). I asked ASUS about these temperatures and they told me they are normal. So I guess there's nothing to be worried about.

ah nice, i came to ask this exact question

i got a i7-6700HQ and it peaks at 95 degrees Celsius when playing battlefield 1, a bit alarming.

the general consensus on all forums is that it is just about okay.

but i have heard running those high temps shortens the lifespan of the hardware quite a bit.
knowing my luck it will probably pack in a few days after my warranty expires XD.

oh yea, and also

iv heard on the grapevine that ASUS stock thermal paste can be a bit hit'n'miss.
(as is often with the rest of ASUS build quality 😕 )

Warranty aside, i dont really feel confident enough to open up laptop and re-apply some quality thermal paste.

it does occasionally cross my mind though.

NP-complete wrote:
With my G752VY, my max CPU temperature with The Witcher 3 and Assassin's Creed: Syndicate is 84ºC (the average is 74ºC or so). With the same games, the GPU's top temperature is about 73ºC (the average is 67ºC). I asked ASUS about these temperatures and they told me they are normal. So I guess there's nothing to be worried about.

Hello! Thank you for your answer.
You use NFC or did undervolt to have these temp?
the differences are often due to the settings you use for games or ambient temp.
I personally play at Battlefield 1 with the settings to ultra and at 75 fps.

BoutTime01 wrote:
*wouldn't

Realised yesterday that my power profile was set to maximum keeping the CPU at 100% minimum. Set it to balanced allowing the CPU to go down to 5% minimum and temp now maxes out at 89 deg c.