cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software BUG AI Suite 3 (Fan Xpert 4)

Amsterdam
Level 9
If you use the AI SUite 3 Fan Xpert 4 you can make profiles, which is very usefull. Now the bug...

When you connect a 5050 LED strip at the Aura RGB 4-Pins headers and rebooting the PC all self made fan profiles are gone. Fan Xpert gives the message that there has something changed at the CPU fans, and wants to run the Fan Auto Tunning again. Very annoying.

Can you solve this issue Asus?

Mobo: Asus Hero ix
8 REPLIES 8

Amsterdam
Level 9
Second bug:

If you open the Dual Intelligent Processors 5 en click on TPU>Graphics Cards and change some GPU settings it doesn't keep the changes after reboot.

Amsterdam wrote:
Second bug:

If you open the Dual Intelligent Processors 5 en click on TPU>Graphics Cards and change some GPU settings it doesn't keep the changes after reboot.

This is happening for me as well, I have to go into the solftware and reload the settings that I saved for the GPU.
I have the Maximus IX Code and the Strix GTX 1080.

@Bahz

Thanks for letting us know you guys are dealing with this software problems.

I hope you don't forget the old IOMAP64.sys Blue Screen (BSOD) bug. For me it's back again. Every time when I reboot the system at the beginning of the day it gives a IOMAP64.sys Blue Screen (BSOD). Some times 2 times in a row. When Windows finally is loaded the Fan Xpert runs a default fan profile. Remarkably the user made profiles are not deleted this time.
I hope the Asus development team can deal with this IOMAP64.sys BSOD, because a lot of customers do have these annoying problem for years now. It doesn't even matters which version is used.

Amsterdam wrote:
@Bahz

Thanks for letting us know you guys are dealing with this software problems.

I hope you don't forget the old IOMAP64.sys Blue Screen (BSOD) bug. For me it's back again. Every time when I reboot the system at the beginning of the day it gives a IOMAP64.sys Blue Screen (BSOD). Some times 2 times in a row. When Windows finally is loaded the Fan Xpert runs a default fan profile. Remarkably the user made profiles are not deleted this time.
I hope the Asus development team can deal with this IOMAP64.sys BSOD, because a lot of customers do have these annoying problem for years now. It doesn't even matters which version is used.

Delete all those files , do serch on C for the files and you´l just lose then fan control in aisuite but no conant failed bluescreen boots.
Will the forum bugs get fixed?

Bahz
Level 12
Can you provide the AI Suite III version that you're currently using? Are you using any other fan control software while running AI Suite III?

Bahz wrote:
Can you provide the AI Suite III version that you're currently using? Are you using any other fan control software while running AI Suite III?

I use version V1.01.56 (W10, 64bit) No, I don't use any other fan control software.

Some other finds are:

- when Fan Xpert detects new fans all user profiles are deleted. (even if you don't have other fans, but just connected a led strip, or make some modifications into the bios, or select a profile in the bios)
- When the PC is shutdown, and disconnect- and connect the fan header (but nothing has changed) all user made profiles are deleted, and you have to do the fan tuning again.
-The final results after fan tuning are almost every time different. Sometimes the fun tuning doesn’t even detect a quiet mode (Red section)
- Sometimes The ‘Fan Spin Up Times which manually made are reset. Hard to reproduce the problem.

Whishes 🙂

- Possibility to lower the fan speed manually
- More Points at the curve line
- Possibility to change the fan position when using water cooling
- don’t activate a save(profile) button when there has nothing been changed

Thanks.

Amsterdam wrote:
I use version V1.01.56 (W10, 64bit) No, I don't use any other fan control software.

Some other finds are:

- when Fan Xpert detects new fans all user profiles are deleted. (even if you don't have other fans, but just connected a led strip, or make some modifications into the bios, or select a profile in the bios)
- When the PC is shutdown, and disconnect- and connect the fan header (but nothing has changed) all user made profiles are deleted, and you have to do the fan tuning again.
-The final results after fan tuning are almost every time different. Sometimes the fun tuning doesn’t even detect a quiet mode (Red section)
- Sometimes The ‘Fan Spin Up Times which manually made are reset. Hard to reproduce the problem.

Whishes 🙂

- Possibility to lower the fan speed manually
- More Points at the curve line
- Possibility to change the fan position when using water cooling
- don’t activate a save(profile) button when there has nothing been changed

Thanks.

Thanks for the information and feedback, I'll pass this along to our software team and we'll look into this.

Abaidor
Level 9
Latest AI Suite 3, Rampage VI Extreme

Fan Expert Loses my calibration data and asks for fan tune all the time. My profiles are also getting deleted.
Asus Rampage VI Extreme | i9-7940X | 64GB Trident Z RGB 3600 | Asus Strix 1080Ti OC | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB | WD Gold 10TB | WD Red 4TB X 2 | PSU Corsair AX1500i | Custom Water Loop - RAD MO-RA3 420 Pro | EK Monoblock | Phanteks GPU Block | Heatkiller 200 Tube RES | EK Dual D5 Revo Pumps | 9 X Corsair ML 140 Pro Fans on RAD | | Bitspower Fittings Black Chrome | Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Modded Case | Silent WIngs 3 120mm Intake |