cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sabertooth X99 can't get past F1 on restart

ocp
Level 7
The system was built last year. Had experienced some issues that turned out to not be the pc problem but by then I had gone from windows 10 to windows 7 and back to windows 10 now. When loading windows 10, (issue initially popped up after I redid windows 7) it loads an ultimate force splash screen then says press F1 to load then forces to go into bios. The only way to get to windows is to go to boot screen and load from there. I thought it might be the "Option ROM Message" but that's set to keep current. I'v also tried clearing CMOS as well as changing SATA ports for the SSD.

Also when making changes in bios and saving it says it didn't save but in reality it does. The bios is on the latest verion 3402.

FYI when I redid windows from 10 to 7, I reformated the SSD and did so again when I went back to win10 from 7.

The pc specs can be found here

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/ocp/saved/#view=gCvMnQ
7 REPLIES 7

JustinThyme
Level 13
Sounds to me one of a few things going on here.
Either incorrect settings for UEFI boot
Corrupt BCD file on the boot drive
or glitch in the BIOS.
I install with CSM disabled and UEFI boot. Never had any issues in this configuration, especially when you are talking about M2 SSDs.

If the install and set up is good I would suggest using the flashback method to flash the BIOS and if it still doesnt work correctly try going back one revision.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Nothing, none of that worked 😞

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
I see that you have a few SSDs and HDDs connected to your system. Which one are you using for your OS?

I took them all out and left just the 850 evo in. Forgot to mention that.

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
Is this the only SSD with an OS on it? And have you previously installed any OS on any of the other drives?

That's the only drive that has had an os on it. I deleted and reformatted the drive a couple of times now.

Chino
Level 15
Try clearing your CMOs then install Windows in UEFI mode. See if the issue is still present after a fresh install.