cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password Issues on EeePC 700 Running Windows 7

Retired
Not applicable
According to my netbook, I have "forgotten" my password, despite having never changed it from the simple word ("muffin") that I originally had it as. I've tried about 50 times to log onto the machine, but it doesn't let me into my user.

I only have a single user on that computer, which I believe is a model of the EeePC 700 series running Windows 7, along with two months' worth of work that I couldn't possibly reproduce before they're due.

I've tried restarting the machine and whatnot, but it's not worked for me. I'm panicking and would really appreciate any help that anyone could contribute to helping me solve this problem.
5 REPLIES 5

martin_metal_88
Level 8
open the laptop and go into safe mode,I think it's F8 at startup. Then log into the account named admin and you will be able to delete the password and do it all again 😉 Keep us up to date!
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

Retired
Not applicable
I don't know how to completely turn it off.

louscroo wrote:
I don't know how to completely turn it off.

To force the netbook off hold the power button down for at least 5 full seconds. if this doesn't work you can unplug the AC Power wall adapter and remove the netbooks battery to ensure the system is completely off.

martin_metal_88
Level 8
What you mean by completly turn it off?
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

Retired
Not applicable
moved post to the proper section