cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beta BIOS 3201

MaXeLL
Level 7
Hello guys,

At hwbot.org forum, user elmor posted a link with a new BIOS version for our Maximus motherboards, the 3201, here is the link:

http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?p=472966#post472966

I premise that i didn't overclock my system and my actual processor is the i7-7700k.

Last week I've flashed my M8E with the mentioned release, it's quite stable, the only two problems i got were a BSOD from a Windows driver (WDF01000.sys) that i don't know if it's related or not (it was the first time i had such a crash) and i can't access the BIOS settings with my actual keyboard (Logitech G510) because the system doesn't recognize the inputs, pressing F2 or DEL does nothing, and it was the same with the official BIOS version 3007, with version 2202 works flawlessly and i read i wasn't the only one with that issue.

In return, since i bought the motherboard, november 2015, of 10 shutdowns, rougly 9 weren't done correctly (system on with all the fans spinning, need to force shutdown by pressing the on button), this new BIOS seems to resolve the issue, in fact i shutted down my system and it goes off correctly 100% of the time, but i will report if it lasts or not.

Try at your risk.

Proof:

22 REPLIES 22

Ingram
Level 7
At least on Maximus VIII Impact, compared to 3101, Anti Surge Support setting that was missing has returned. Still wishing for a feature where Q-Code LED-s would turn off after POST has finished successfully.

emsir
Level 8
MaXeLL wrote:
Hello guys,

At hwbot.org forum, user elmor posted a link with a new BIOS version for our Maximus motherboards, the 3201, here is the link:

http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?p=472966#post472966

I premise that i didn't overclock my system and my actual processor is the i7-7700k.

Last week I've flashed my M8E with the mentioned release, it's quite stable, the only two problems i got were a BSOD from a Windows driver (WDF01000.sys) that i don't know if it's related or not (it was the first time i had such a crash) and i can't access the BIOS settings with my actual keyboard (Logitech G510) because the system doesn't recognize the inputs, pressing F2 or DEL does nothing, and it was the same with the official BIOS version 3007, with version 2202 works flawlessly and i read i wasn't the only one with that issue.

In return, since i bought the motherboard, november 2015, of 10 shutdowns, rougly 9 weren't done correctly (system on with all the fans spinning, need to force shutdown by pressing the on button), this new BIOS seems to resolve the issue, in fact i shutted down my system and it goes off correctly 100% of the time, but i will report if it lasts or not.

This Bios 3201 is not official, so to install an official BIOS is to get in trouble. Always download BIOS from official source and not from a third party source. Why do you link to an unofficial page. No one knows whats inside that BIOS. No description, no nothing.

Try at your risk.

Proof:

This Bios 3201 is not official, so to install an official BIOS is to get in trouble. Always download BIOS from official source and not from a third party source. Why do you link to an unofficial page. No one knows whats inside that BIOS. No description, no nothing. Stay away from this and wait for official BIOS..

emsir wrote:
No one knows whats inside that BIOS. No description, no nothing.

LOL, as if Asus always bother to provide detailed changelogs.

Terepin wrote:
LOL, as if Asus always bother to provide detailed changelogs.

But I'm sure if you bricked your motherboard on this bios, and ASUS found this out, you'd be screwed with any RMA. Why take the chance?

JustinThyme
Level 13
Modded BIOS would be a more fitting description. Beta suggests it was released by the manufacturer. This isn't the case, or at least not a public beta release. If it is a beta release that was shared then put out publicly that person won't see another one.*
Just be forewarned that this is an unknown source and make your own decision on whether or not it's with the risk of bricking your board and voiding the warranty.*

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Modded BIOS would be a more fitting description. Beta suggests it was released by the manufacturer. This isn't the case, or at least not a public beta release. If it is a beta release that was shared then put out publicly that person won't see another one.*
Just be forewarned that this is an unknown source and make your own decision on whether or not it's with the risk of bricking your board and voiding the warranty.*

Hello

This is complete nonsense. Elmor works for ASUS. I'm sure you are familiar with the saying regarding assuming something.

Praz wrote:
Hello

This is complete nonsense. Elmor works for ASUS. I'm sure you are familiar with the saying regarding assuming something.

What is complete nonsense is for someone as astute as you are to stomp on someones toes because I don't know who Elmor is posting BIOS files on a non ASUS sponsored forum making further assumptions. If its not posted on an ASUS sponsored forum by a known reliable source or available for download on ASUS webpage and tagged as BIOS beta I consider it unreliable.

Would you download and install a file on your machine if I make one up and posted it elsewhere under the name Elmer Fudd and told you that Bugs and Elmer run the R&D for ASUS?

Thanks for assuming everyone knows knows that username elmor at hwbot works for asus.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
What is complete nonsense is for someone as astute as you are to stomp on someones toes because I don't know who Elmor is posting BIOS files on a non ASUS sponsored forum making further assumptions. If its not posted on an ASUS sponsored forum by a known reliable source or available for download on ASUS webpage and tagged as BIOS beta I consider it unreliable.

Would you download and install a file on your machine if I make one up and posted it elsewhere under the name Elmer Fudd and told you that Bugs and Elmer run the R&D for ASUS?

Thanks for assuming everyone knows knows that username elmor at hwbot works for asus.

What else did you expect? This is the internetz, If you post something incorrect/unjustified/unfounded someone else will point it out, as Praz did. Much of the time there is a public service value to this as quickly correcting stuff prevents people making further incorrect assumptions on the basis of what you wrote. Don't take it personally. To be blunt you asked for it a little by taking it upon yourself to describing this BIOS as "modded" when the CPU-Z screenshots already available to you suggested it was a newer build.

The warning about ASUS not honouring an RMA resulting from a non-official BIOS is a touch on the unlikely side too. If the UEFI is not a legitimately formatted build (which this one would be), your motherboard should refuse to flash it. If it 'bricks' your board, USB Flashback will get you back in business 99 times out of 100. In any case, as regards this particular build, the OP added 'try at your own risk', which is fair comment 🙂

Early thumbs up from me on this one (on the M8H). The mere fact that it POSTs and loads the OS at my regular mild overclock is an early sign that the memory compatibility problems of 3007/3101 have been fixed. Will test it out further when I get a minute.

Ah, edit. Hold that thought. Just spotted something...

Edit again. All good, so far 🙂