cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTX970 No Signal

Kane1213
Level 7
Hello, and thanks for coming. Recently I have upgraded my computer with the GTX970, witch by stock had the GTX750. I had to also upgrade my power supply with it (2 power cables). The GTX970 had worked fine for about 2-3 weeks, and i did not even need to upgrade or delete previous drivers. However, one day i woke up to find that my GTX970 had no signal, in any of the ports. So i went ahead and plugged an HDMI into my motherboard to see if that would work, It did. So i went and deleted all old drivers and got the drivers for the GTX970, But to no avail, still no signal all over. So i took apart the PC, put it all back, thinking maybe something came loose. As i did this, i had also powered on the computer ( safely ) just to see if the GTX970 was powered. It was, fans spinning and lights glowing, i sat there stumped. I have no idea what could be going on! since then i had put my old GTX750 in and updated the drivers until i can find a solution. I have tried many things in my pursuit to fix the issue, but haven't come across any solutions. I will leave a list of things I have tried and PC specs. I am worried maybe my motherboard or BIOS version is out of date, may need an upgrade. I also think the card may be faulty, but it worked for a little bit so I'm not sure. Any and all help is greatly appreciated, i will check the forum by the hour hahaha.
PC specs
PC specs
ASUS ROG G20 with GTX750 as stock
Operating System
Windows 8.1 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 4460 @ 3.20GHz
RAM
8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G20AJ
BIOS version ( 0703 )
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750
Storage
931GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA100
Power supply
180w and 230w power adapter cables
Things I have tried - re assembling everything - updating drivers and deleting previous - looking in BIOS menu and prioritized the PCIE slot ( my board only has 1 ) - I have also looked to disable on board graphics, but this is nowhere in my bios menu. This problem is a real hair puller so I say thanks in advance to anyone willing to help.
Thanks in advance,
Kane
3 REPLIES 3

Chino wrote:
Try restoring the factory defaults in the BIOS.

I have tried the restore to defaults option in the BIOS menu, but I have not seen any factory reset options. Ill go ahead and give it a try again, maybe I overlooked it somewhere. Thanks !

Chino
Level 15
I'm not familiar with the motherboard that's inside the G20 but on most ASUS motherboards, you can restore the factory defaults with the F5 key.