cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix X99 vccu bios setting is in volts, not mV as it's supposed to be... BIOS 1401

kcmcc
Level 7
Hello! Perhaps I am not understanding this properly...

Firstly, I am working on trying to achieve a stable cache overclock. With BW-E this is a toughie. I've been reading that upping the vccu by .25 or so can help with it's stability.

When going into Tweakers Paradise, where this setting lives, it states that each step is a mV, however if I put 1 in as the offset, it counts as a volt in my bios and in windows. If i type .25 it automatically makes the number 1. When I tried 25, which should've been .25 based on each step being mV, it actually made it 25 volts!!! At least that is what XTU told me. Is this a BIOS flaw or is it something I am doing wrong? I don't know how I could've booted if it was set to 25 volts!

I'm leaving it on default until someone could help clarify, or tell me who to talk to at ASUS that could clear this up. I feel like signs point to a bios flaw. Something seems off here. Can anyone else confirm they can add to their vccu by .25 on a strix x99?

FYI I did try a full cmos clear and bios reset as well. No change.

Thanks for any help.
3 REPLIES 3

rmongiovi
Level 8
I've got the rampage V, but I presume your bios works the same way. When they say the step is 1mV, they mean you can enter a number that is .001 or .002, but not .0015. The step is 1mV. Your interpretation is that the *units* are 1mV. That is not correct. The units are volts, and the minimum step between one value and the next is 1mV.

kcmcc
Level 7
Yes our BIOS should be very similar. Ok, I was hoping I was merely misinterpreting. I'll give it another shot tonight, thanks for the clarification.

kcmcc
Level 7
So an update, any time I try to type in decimals, it changes my input to "1" no matter what I do. if I type .002, it changes to 1, if I type anything .xxx it turns to 1. I don't understand why. Strange.