cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus RVE. Reset is trying to find GPU in empty PCI-e slot #4

Sverre
Level 9
I just installed a new graphics card, Asus Strix 1080GTX OC Gaming, after that my PC, when I do a restart, stops at 6d and the light for PCI slot 4 flashes. It seems like it's looking for a card in that slot, but my card is in slot #1. I also kept my old 690GTX, but nothing is connected to it and it never selects that slot, slot #2. If I turn off my PC and start it again, it will selects slot #1 directly, no problems.

I also have a problem with my Bios keeping it's information. Every time I turn off the PC (physically with the switch on the UPS) and turn it on again, the Bios has reset. I have checked the battery, a 2032 and it meassures correctly (3v), and also changed it to a new one.

I don't know if these 2 problems are connected in some way. Everything else seems to be working fine, but I'm not able to make changes to my Bios as the only way to boot up the OS is to enter the Bios and then exit it without saving, as a saving will turn off the power and reset the Bios.
[/URL]
11 REPLIES 11

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
Are you running the latest BIOS?

Also if you remove the GTX 690, do you still experience the GPU problem?

Latest version. Removing the GTX690 is not an option, it's connected to the water loop. I have deselected it on the microswitch, only slot #1 is on, that should be the same as removing it, I believe.
[/URL]

Sverre
Level 9
I disconnected the power from the GTX 690, didn't help.
[/URL]

Tried both Bios chips.

Asus suggested I ask for a new MB from the dealer.*
[/URL]

Sverre
Level 9
Found the "6d" problem. It was "bd" and loosening the screws a quarter turn and wriggling a little on the water block solved it.

As to the Bios resetting every time I remove power I'm at a loss. Is this something that's suposed to happen if the battery is dead? I would think the Bios is keeping it's information, even if the power to it was lost?*
[/URL]

Sverre wrote:
Found the "6d" problem. It was "bd" and loosening the screws a quarter turn and wriggling a little on the water block solved it.

As to the Bios resetting every time I remove power I'm at a loss. Is this something that's suposed to happen if the battery is dead? I would think the Bios is keeping it's information, even if the power to it was lost?*

Try swapping the battery for a new one.

kkn
Level 14
full bios reset if battery is dead/emty, since the battery is the part that keeps bios whit power when the pc have no power at all.

Sverre
Level 9
As I wrote in the initial message, I have changed the battery, and meassured both with a volt meter. The only thing I'm not sure of is if the battery should be a 2032, 3v or if it's the wrong battery type.
[/URL]

kkn
Level 14
Cr2032