Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    This is a well known issue and the same file is tied to multiple ASUS software packages. Dont get it but have experienced it with more than one title, AI suite included.
    Personally I gave up after the last time of almost not being able to recover from it.
    Page fault in non-paged area, sound familiar? Search that along with the file you listed and watch google light up like wildfire with thousands of hits.
    If you leave it go it eventually gives you that error and corrupted ntoskrnl which really blows.
    Its a shame as some of the software is useful but nothing that causes BSOD repeatedly is worth leaving on a machine.
    Wow, I just wasted half a day on this or more. AS I was also having RAM issues but it turns out the Page faults on login were 100% AI Suite. (Formula IX board)
    Since removing the AI Suite and ASUS Intel XTU (used non asus one now) , not a single page fault.

Unbelievable ASUS would ship something like this with a $500 (CAD) board.

ROG Junior Member Array

harlan colon

i have the same problem, just built a new rig with a maximus ix hero & 7700k.. ended up reformatting the C drive 3 times before I realized it was the AI suite causing the BSOD's. At first I thought it was because i used the Auto OC function, but after another reformat & clearing CMOS, I installed AI and just used the fan xpert, still got BSOD at logins, id say 1 out of every 3 startups.
    Never using asus software again besides Aura. Pity because the Fanxpert is great, but not worth an unstable system. When buying a +$200 mobo ASUS should include software that actually works. They should also include more than 1 USB 2 header on the motherboard, but thats another issue lol
    Last edited by Badmotorf1nger; 02-09-2017 at 07:37 AM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Amsterdam PC Specs
    Amsterdam PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus MAXIMUS IX HERO Z270
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-7700K @5.1Mhz
    Memory (part number)D416GB 3000-15 Vengeance LPX bk K2 COR
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX 1070 Ti Turbo
    Monitoriiyama X4071UHSU 40" 4k
    Storage #1Samsung Evo 960 m.2 256GB
    Storage #2ADATA Premier Pro SP900, 256 GB SSD
    CPU CoolerCORSAIR Cooling Hydro Series H115i
    CaseZalman Z9 NEO bk ATX
    Power SupplyCooler Master G750M
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
    Mouse Logitech G9X
    Mouse Pad Sharkoon
    Headset/Speakers Bose Compagnion 5
    OS Windows 10
    Accessory #1 Netgear GS105GE Switch
    Accessory #2 Technicolor TC7210

Quote Originally Posted by Badmotorf1nger View Post
    i have the same problem, just built a new rig with a maximus ix hero & 7700k.. ended up reformatting the C drive 3 times before I realized it was the AI suite causing the BSOD's. At first I thought it was because i used the Auto OC function, but after another reformat & clearing CMOS, I installed AI and just used the fan xpert, still got BSOD at logins, id say 1 out of every 3 startups.
    Never using asus software again besides Aura. Pity because the Fanxpert is great, but not worth an unstable system. When buying a +$200 mobo ASUS should include software that actually works. They should also include more than 1 USB 2 header on the motherboard, but thats another issue lol
    I fully agree about the software and USB header. About the USB header; maybe this is a solution:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/9Pin-USB-Hea...wAAOSwUsJYWSb7

New ROGer Array

Yep, I very quickly was concerned with AI suite after I looked at how many services run even when the software is not in use. I also then started getting occasional log in/startup issues. Uninstalling the software was also problematic as it leaves behind many services and traces of itself. Thoroughly unimpressed and tbh very surprised with such a reputable brand.

However once all software fully removed the Maximus Formula is great. Only niggle would be the lack of multiple usb headers as mentioned above. So happy overall, but just wished I'd never touched the poor software - lesson learnt with ASUS: stick to drivers only.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Brighttail PC Specs
    Brighttail PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G751JT
    MotherboardAsus x299 Rampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i9-7900x
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum SE 3200Mhz 4x8
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX 1080TI
    MonitorAcer XB321HK (4k,IPS,G-sync)
    Storage #1Intel 900p (Boot) 2xSM961 (RAID 0) Games
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro 512GB - WD Black 4TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Water Cool
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair Platinum 95
    Mouse Asus SPATHA
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800
    Headset/Speakers Kanyo Y5
    OS Windows 10 64 bit
    Accessory #1 2 x Alphacool Full Copper Radiator 420mm/280mm
    Accessory #2 Monsoon MMRS reservoir w/ 2 x D5 Vario Pump
    Accessory #3 Monsoon Free Center Compression Fittings

I have had this similar blue screen error and read that you can go and actually delete that file with no issue.

What I did was go into the C:\Windows\system32\drivers\and renamed the file to IOMAP64.sysOLD

I haven't had any issues with blue screening. I'm not thinking that the file was recreated but it wasn't being used for what my machine needed.

If suddenly there is issues with the AI suite you can always rename it back to the original.
    Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz
    MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
    Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD
    Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram
    Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

ROG Member Array madmeatballs PC Specs
    madmeatballs PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus IX Hero
    Processori7 7700k
    Memory (part number)F4-3866C18D-16GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Zotac GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition
    Sound CardFiio E10k
    MonitorAsus PB278Q
    Storage #1Intel 600p
    Storage #2Crucial BX200
    CPU CoolerCustom Water Cooling Loop
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Pro M
    Power SupplySeasonic X-850
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB
    Mouse Logitech G900
    Headset Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus
    Mouse Pad Tecware Haste
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
    Network RouterTP-Link Archer D7

Hmmm, I've been getting this BSOD (Page fault IOMAP64.sys) too specially when I open my PC from a cold boot. I also noticed AI Suite screws up fan profiles, what I always do was select my profile again. Anyway, I can still use the fan setting on bios without AI Suite right?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by madmeatballs View Post
    Hmmm, I've been getting this BSOD (Page fault IOMAP64.sys) too specially when I open my PC from a cold boot. I also noticed AI Suite screws up fan profiles, what I always do was select my profile again. Anyway, I can still use the fan setting on bios without AI Suite right?
    Yes, you can. The only thing you cant get full control over via BIOS is the AURA lighting options. I think ASUS should allow full customisation of the lighting via BIOS and then we wouldnt need any of there software.

madmeatballs PC Specs
    Processori7 7700k
    Sound CardFiio E10k
    MonitorAsus PB278Q
    Storage #1Intel 600p
    Storage #2Crucial BX200
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB
    Mouse Logitech G900
    Mouse Pad Tecware Haste
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Quote Originally Posted by KingDazza View Post
    Yes, you can. The only thing you cant get full control over via BIOS is the AURA lighting options. I think ASUS should allow full customisation of the lighting via BIOS and then we wouldnt need any of there software.
    Well, I just went ahead and removed IOMAP64.sys from sys32 lol. It doesn't give me BSOD on cold boot now! What does IOMAP64.sys do anyway(im guessing it means input output map? LOL)?

I wonder if asus is trying to fix this issue even. I may have to rerun my stress tests now, since I originally thought my ram was faulty.

Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

Quote Originally Posted by madmeatballs View Post
    You can actually choose what to install with the AI suite and install only the fan expert.

AI SUITE lessons
    1) Never use the 5 point optimization, you dont get much of an OC and 100% of the time it sets Vcore too high as in WAY TOO HIGH!! There is a 50% chance that it will lock slap up on you when it reboots causing a PITA to recover. First time I tried it my BCLCK was some absurd number like 999 and took half an hour just to get into the BIOS with safe boot.
    2) If you manage to get it running without the BSODs, yes for some hardware it doesn't cause this, never use the OC tools period. I had it running on my M8E for a month and the auto method failed 100% of the time and I was doing OK with the manual settings and had saved profiles etc thinking, cool, this actually works. Then one day I was running a mid level OC, nothing drastic and simply loaded the profile I had saved for default values and the machine locked slam up and wouldn't post after with a code 10. M8E has alternate BIOS so switched to that to recover. Never again. Used the Fan expert but found it unreliable. Profiles often just disappeared.
    3) if you do install and have problems it doesn't just uninstall, it leaves orphans all over the place. First uninstall the usual way, then find the install folder that is still there when it should not be and delete it, then use Ccleaner to clean up the orphaned registry entries.

Great Idea, just doesn't work and when it fails it cause massive issues. Seems to me that the problem with it is when it tries to interface with the BIOS from the OS and screws the pooch on that one.

Yeah xtu has also proven to be problematic regardless of the source. My advice? Stick to the old fashioned and proven method of making tweaks in the BIOS and skip any app that professes to do this while running the OS, seems this has not been perfected by anyone and contrary to the belief of some there is no such thing as a crash free BIOS. Ill buy into Crash resistant or enhanced but after having a $500+ board do a hard brick with two BIOS roms over BIOS 3007 not a month ago I call BS on crash free!
    Last edited by JustinThyme; 02-13-2017 at 03:58 PM.

madmeatballs PC Specs
    Processori7 7700k
    Sound CardFiio E10k
    MonitorAsus PB278Q
    Storage #1Intel 600p
    Storage #2Crucial BX200
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB
    Mouse Logitech G900
    Mouse Pad Tecware Haste
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Yea, all overclocking is done on bios. I never trusted those software based oc tools. I'm about ccleaner though, can I choose which to delete? It might delete other things I need.

I wonder if Asus is working on this issue though, it looks like it has been affecting people for a long time already.

Update:

Removing IOMap64.sys disables my GPU fan. Raja mentioned in another forum that IOMap64.sys handles GPU oc/Fan so, you might want to check your GPU out if you remove IOMap64.sys
    Last edited by madmeatballs; 02-14-2017 at 04:44 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast