Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q-Code 50 (Sequence starting FF, then 10 then 50) Asus Crosshair V Z-Formula

Patrick_Unknown
Level 7
EDIT:Solved -> Read last comment

Hi,

I bought the Asus Crosshair V Z-Formula today and I've managed to successfully setup the board without any power issues. However, then I attempt to boot up my pc I get the q-code errors. I cannot use the USB 3 ports despite having the connector plugged in. My GPU's (STRIX 970 OC) fan isn't spinning despite doing so upon booting. My monitor (Benq) wont display anything and I have switched between VGA, Dvi and HDMI cables, none of these work.

I have attempted to flashback on a FAT32, yes I have attempted all methods, following the manual then using the original file name. I've attempted clearing CMOS and placing one of my RAM sticks (Fury Kingston 1600mz 8gbx2) on the clamps farthest away from the cpu, but to no avail has anything happened. I've moved the jumpstarter from slot 1-2 to 2-3 and waited 10 minutes, nothing happens.

It would be great if someone is able to answer my problem asap as I'm on the verge of RMAing the motherboard. Thanks if you do!
6 REPLIES 6

Patrick_Unknown
Level 7
I've attempted to clear the bios via removing everything except the PSU, still no success. I've noticed that the DRAM and LGA were flashing upon booting the pc under next to the 24 pin connector. Another thing to note is that despite removing all ram sticks I still get the q-code 50 in the end.

EDIT: The q-code 50 only happens when there is an 8 pin connector in the 12V_1 or a 4 pin in the EZ_plug

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi Patrick 🙂
Qcode 50 is either mismatch, failure to initialize or an incompatibility with your DIMM modules. It's best to select RAM that's been tested from the MB QVL list although obtaining your SPD info and manually changing your Primary Timings and Voltage and setting XMP profile in Bios helps.

You do not need the EZ_Plug if you are not using dual GPU cards.
You need to have 24pin, 8pin and 4pin plugs occupied on the MB especially if OCing. The 4 pin is to assist the CPU when required. Don't get mixed up between 4Pin EZ and 4pin power socket at the top left of MB.
Check in Bios that all ASMEDIA configurations are set correctly and enabled for your USB ports.

Hope this helps fix some of your issues.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

MeanMachine wrote:
Hi Patrick 🙂
Qcode 50 is either mismatch, failure to initialize or an incompatibility with your DIMM modules. It's best to select RAM that's been tested from the MB QVL list although obtaining your SPD info and manually changing your Primary Timings and Voltage and setting XMP profile in Bios helps.

You do not need the EZ_Plug if you are not using dual GPU cards.
You need to have 24pin, 8pin and 4pin plugs occupied on the MB especially if OCing. The 4 pin is to assist the CPU when required. Don't get mixed up between 4Pin EZ and 4pin power socket at the top left of MB.
Check in Bios that all ASMEDIA configurations are set correctly and enabled for your USB ports.

Hope this helps fix some of your issues.

Thanks for the reply MeanMachine,

Unfortunately I'm unable to access the bios as nothing is being displayed on my monitor despite having my GPU plugged in w/ a six pin. The Ram sticks I currently have are HyperX Fury Red 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 CL10 DIMM (2X*8GBs). They're not mentioned in the User manual but there's no reason to why they shouldn't work. I'll retry later to see if this problem has been fixed.

Cheers for the reply.

kkn
Level 14
list full system specs. alpha and omega that one do so 🙂

kkn wrote:
list full system specs. alpha and omega that one do so 🙂

HyperX Fury Red 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 CL10 DIMM (2*8GBs)
AMD Fx 8350
GTX 970 STRIX OC
CiT APFC 500W Power Supply

(Cant get full specs at the moment but these are what I remember off of the top of my head)

Thanks for those who have replied to this thread. I managed to solve this issue earlier today, here are my steps:

Keep Motherboard battery out for an extended period of time, I waited 20 minutes.

1. I put in my CPU and applied extra thermal paste.
2. Put in my thermal tower and fan
3. Placed the motherboard into the PC
4. Put the PSU pins into the moba.
5. Place the ram sticks in the slot farthest away from the CPU (Red slot)
5. Turn on the MOBA -> Error code 66 -> Put the Battery back in after turning off then try again.
6. Turn off the moba and then attempt to flashback the moba with a USB -> wait until the flashing is done and the Rog connect aswell
7. I then placed in my GPU and connected it to my Benq via a DVI port.
8. Drivers will update -> Don't turn off
9. Done