cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

z270e on board sound card

zombiecat
Level 7
Hey guys,

so i recently upgraded my system from an i5 2500k z68 gen 3 board to an i7 7700k with a z270e board.

in the previous build i had an asus xonar dg sound card..but the current new mobo doesnt support pci, the card will be unused and probably sold for scraps.

Is the new motherboard sound as good or better than the old sound card?

I dont have extremly high end headphones, just an old pair of hyper x cloud first gen with an impedence of 60 ohms and some 2.1 altec lansing speakers.
3 REPLIES 3

Heini
Level 11
With the speakers/headphones you listed the Z270e's SupremeFX audio should be about equal to the Xonar DG. Though I've only experimented the SupremeFX audio I've been using ASUS's discrete sound cards for years.

Heini wrote:
With the speakers/headphones you listed the Z270e's SupremeFX audio should be about equal to the Xonar DG. Though I've only experimented the SupremeFX audio I've been using ASUS's discrete sound cards for years.

great, i was looking at the hd580, and it has an impedance of 300 ohms!, you definitely need a sound card with that :).

Heini
Level 11
"and it has an impedance of 300 ohms!, you definitely need a sound card with that" ....Did you notice how old their technology is? They still hold their own, though.