cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IX Formula RGB headers

reborn010
Level 7
Hello mates,
I recently got my second IX Formula from RMA since the first one died on me. After I finished building my WC loop i thought it was time for some LEDs. So I got that fancy idea of using the RGB Header1 to power up a led strip which would be behind the desk so everything in the room would be synced up. After I got excited because that worked pretty good I noticed my case was too dark so I decided to use the RGB Header2 for internal case lighting. Thats where I got very disapointed. It looks like the Header2 doesn't work as it should. It only lights up green and some frosted blue color, it doesnt sync with the rest LEDs and of course im not able to calibrate it. From my understanding the header sends wrong "data" to the LED strip. I tried different LED strips, all of em work correct while connected on the RGB Header1. Anyone of you has the same issue? Would this be a driver (Aura utility) problem or should I start thinking of tearing apart my system once more and RMA the mobo? Thanks in advance!
8 REPLIES 8

xherics
Level 7
Do you use asus aura software?

If yes, try to completely uninstall it, run some registry cleaning and find the files, which were not deleted by the uninstaller, then try to reinstall it and use the software very slowly. Please install the newest from asus.com page.

Unfortunately the aura is a bug heaven, I even uninstalled it I can not use my RGB strips because of the buggy software.

See my thread for it.

xherics wrote:
Do you use asus aura software?

If yes, try to completely uninstall it, run some registry cleaning and find the files, which were not deleted by the uninstaller, then try to reinstall it and use the software very slowly. Please install the newest from asus.com page.

Unfortunately the aura is a bug heaven, I even uninstalled it I can not use my RGB strips because of the buggy software.

See my thread for it.

Yes i've tried all versions of Aura lighting control. You might have any registry cleaning software in mind?

Also I've noticed that when i turn off the lights from the Aura app, the strip which is connected on RGB Header2 stays light up... Can we get some answer from Asus? I need to know if the RGB header is bad or if i have to wait for a better version of the app.

reborn010 wrote:
Yes i've tried all versions of Aura lighting control. You might have any registry cleaning software in mind?

For example CCleaner or Windows 10 manager, both available as TRIAL, without functionality restrictions.

Some topics are here already regarding aura issues, but only one answer we got from Asus in the first topic about aura, and if I am not mistaken it was like "you are alone, it is your problem".

But some days later some more topics got created and no answer yet.

Bahz
Level 12
Did you try connecting an LED strip to header 1 and header 2 at the same time? Is it the same result?

Bahz wrote:
Did you try connecting an LED strip to header 1 and header 2 at the same time? Is it the same result?

Yea while the RGB Header2 displays properly the colors, when i connect the same strip(which works on header2) on the header1 it doesnt work correct.

Chino
Level 15

sdmf74
Level 11
Actually there are 2 headers located under the armor just above the pcie x1 top slot...

The only thing the manual says is "these LED connectors are for connecting LED strips on your cover and PCH"
If you look closely under the armor you can see them and it looks like there's wires plugged into them so I can only assume that these are not extra headers for us to use but
rather the headers for the motherboards onboard RGB lights.They prolly could have worded it more clearly
ASUS Maximus 13 Hero, Intel I9 11900k, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA