cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get built-in Aura to work on Z270E

Level 7
Hey guys!

So i just built my first computer in 7 years, and everything is working great.

EXCEPT I can't get the built in Asus Aura to work on the motherboard. I have no idea if it's the hardware or the software that's the problem, but I have never seen the motherboard light up at all, and when I install the software (no matter which version) it immediately crashes.

"Doctor Dump" then launches and I get this error message:

WARNING: Following frames may be wrong.
aura+0x1059c
aura+0x64906
aura+0x5f406
aura+0x240cb
aura+0x7af0f
aura+0x8c5c1

I've looked around the interwebs, and have found some with similar problems, but I've yet to find a solution that has worked for me.

Please help!
3 REPLIES 3

sluzbenik
Level 7
34152732 wrote:
Hey guys!

So i just built my first computer in 7 years, and everything is working great.

EXCEPT I can't get the built in Asus Aura to work on the motherboard. I have no idea if it's the hardware or the software that's the problem, but I have never seen the motherboard light up at all, and when I install the software (no matter which version) it immediately crashes.

"Doctor Dump" then launches and I get this error message:

WARNING: Following frames may be wrong.
aura+0x1059c
aura+0x64906
aura+0x5f406
aura+0x240cb
aura+0x7af0f
aura+0x8c5c1

I've looked around the interwebs, and have found some with similar problems, but I've yet to find a solution that has worked for me.

Please help!

By default it should be on but there is a setting in BIOS to turn it off completely....Search through the BIOS manual, I can't remember where it is. If that doesn't work, the board is defective, they should even light up when the computer is powered off (as long as a PSU is connected.) Are any of the other LEDs on the mobo working?

Mine works fine, same board.

Thank you for your reply.

I've checked BIOS, it's enabled. I've also tried resetting the CMOS and updating the BIOS to the latest version.

The POST LEDs are lighting up. I'm not aware of any others on the motherboard.

Chino
Level 15
I don't own that model. But the shroud with the RGB lighting is probably connected to the motherboard with a cable. So if you feel that you're capable enough, you can remove the shroud to check if the cable got loose during shipping. If not, then RMA the motherboard.