cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL502VS Battery draining / discharging RMA resolution!???

CR7_2011
Level 7
Has anyone gone through the process of RMA their laptop due to the battery discharging issue and ultimately had a positive outcome / resolution or had their laptop fixed??

I would like to know your guys stories. I have been on the phone with ASUS multiple times now for 30mins+ each time and also had long discussions with the online Live chat support guys about this.

Ultimately they have told me that there are plans to try and get a BIOS update within the next 2 weeks for a "potential" fix. However i feel like this is just a delay tactic. They have known about the issue for a long time now and they have not yet been able to produce a BIOS update to resolve the issue. So i'm just wondering if anyone has been able to get a resolution where they have had their laptop fixed or replaced with one without the problem? Or if not, what has been the final outcome of your experience? They have already told me that a refund is not an option as it is not covered under the warranty...

Let me know...
Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

JustinThyme
Level 13
Sorry if I haven't seen your other posts on this problem but what exactly is it your are experiencing?*

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Sorry if I haven't seen your other posts on this problem but what exactly is it your are experiencing?*

If you aren't familiar with this topic.. here's a thread that should get you caught up... It's a well known issue for ALL users of the GL502VS model GTX1070 model.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88742-GL502VS-Discharging-while-in-charge

link626
Level 7
They don't know what they are talking about.

You need to tell Asus engineering team to test the new 230w adapter in the Kaby Lake gl502vsk, and give you that 230w adapter replacement.
Inform them that the 230w adapter may solve the issue.

Just straight up ask for the 230w adapter.

The stupid repair people don't even know a 230w adapter exists, so they will keep wasting time and money replacing the motherboard, when there is no motherboard issue at all.

* bump thread*

link626 wrote:
They don't know what they are talking about.

You need to tell Asus engineering team to test the new 230w adapter in the Kaby Lake gl502vsk, and give you that 230w adapter replacement.
Inform them that the 230w adapter may solve the issue.

Just straight up ask for the 230w adapter.

The stupid repair people don't even know a 230w adapter exists, so they will keep wasting time and money replacing the motherboard, when there is no motherboard issue at all.

Hi there. We've tried to use 230w adapter and it gives zero effect. The same issue remains.
Also reported to be present on new Kaby Lake models as well.

ido505
Level 8
I have just posted an updated on the main thread that I have posted (Discharging while in charge post: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88742-GL502VS-Discharging-while-in-charge)
You should see what I have written there.