cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Can I Overclock And Improve the parts of my pc build?

LaunchedComic31
Level 7
So I was just wondering, how can i best overclock my computer so that way I can improve my pc build?

Here are the parts that i have so that way you can tell me the best way to improve the parts and overclock

Case:
Cooler Master MasterCasePro 5
Power Supply:
850GZ 850 Gold Watt PS
Cooling:
Corsair Hydro Series H100; VZ extreme performance liquid cooler
MotherBoard
Asus X99 Rampage V edition 10 LGA 2011
Graphics Card:
Asus Geforce GTX 1080 Rog Strix 8GB
Processor:
Intel I7-6800 K Broadwell 3.4 Ghz LGA 2011
SSD:
Toshiba OCZ RO400 256 GB PCI NumeM.2
SSD:
Samsung 850 Evo-Series 1TB Sata 3 6GB/s
Memory:
Corsair Vengeance Series 32Gb 4x8Gb DDr-4-2666

If You Know the best way i can overclock this pc and improve the parts of this pc?
4 REPLIES 4

Menthol
Level 14
For starters read the threads for your platform and CPU, then dive in slowly, or more like stick your toe in and feel the temperature before diving in

Watch your CPU core temperatures when overclocking, your cooling system will be one of the biggest limiting factors in overclocking

Legolas
Level 9
The basic of overclocking is to change CPU ratio(42), CPU Core Voltage (1.2-1.25V depend on stability).
You can read more here: http://edgeup.asus.com/2016/06/17/broadwell-e-overclocking-guide/
Sincerely,
Legolas

Chino
Level 15
Raja's Broadwell-E overclocking is a very good place to start to maximize the performance of your CPU.

If you're interested in overclocking your GPU, I have a quick guide for doing so in my signature. 🙂

peanut2007uk
Level 7
use the built in overclocking software 🙂 download AI suite 3 and open it up and overclock it there, the computer automatically tests until it becomes unstable and goes back to the best stable overclock, I had 4.3GHz from my 6800K stable clock, but 1 thing is to check the core voltage afterwards, mine was 1.5V which is like burning a candle at both ends, it will run fine but the processor will burn out fast, I got mine down to 1.35 @ 4.3GHz after some personal tweaking after the overclock. after a bios update though I had to RE-overclock the processor and went to 4.0GHz stable. I have had no issues playing any game max fps @ 1440p @ 144Hz

I found the software very nice for overclocking etc. also you can set your fan speeds too, mine don't even bother to do anything until my processor hits 60 degrees, which is never, my fans spin at 30% until 60 degrees then 50% to 70 degrees. highly recommended software, you will have a grin on your face when you see your cores go up and up, when I start my comp now it says ASUS ROG EDITION 10 20% overclock (was 33% until bios screwed me haha)