Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Super Moderator Array

Yes as Raja mentioned the worser cause may be the monitor leaking into the VGA into the MB. So try as he said OR try diff monitors.
    As for P6T being ok, theres no irog IC working on the P6T while on R4E there is and this leakage may cause it to go a bit bonkers.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

I do not have extra displayport cables. I will try to locate some. In my opinion it is not the cables for the following reasons.

All three cables or all three monitors must be bad because I was able to duplicate this issue with different variations of cables and monitors.

I also duplicated this issue connecting two displayport cables and one DVI cable and two DVI cables and one displayport cable.

Same reasoning for ASUS monitors - it is either the systemic flaw with all VE278Qs or something else.

A workaround of powering of monitors during post does not work. ASUS monitors do not support hot-plugging of displayports. Doing so results in blank screen.

Are you guys will still try to duplicate this in a lab? Thanks.
    Last edited by roadczar; 01-31-2012 at 01:41 PM.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array

If the DP is resulting in DC leaking back into the board some devices will receive power before they are supposed to be initialized. The end result is that this screws with how the board POSTs.

The only fix is to prevent the the DC, so there is no real fix I can think of to your situation at this point I'm afraid. Only other option would be to find a monitor with no DC present on DP, but I don't even sure that is possible (have not looked at full DP tolerance spec myself) given the fact that the transceivers need to be at standby to accept a wake up signal. I am not sure if other GPUs leak power like this back into the board from DP either.

-Raja

Super Moderator Array

we have tried already to no avail, we will try to make 'monitors' leak and see what happens. for the AC cables for your monitors do they have the earth pins on them or just live and neutral pins?

Quote Originally Posted by Shamino View Post
    we have tried already to no avail, we will try to make 'monitors' leak and see what happens. for the AC cables for your monitors do they have the earth pins on them or just live and neutral pins?
    Shamino,

All three monitors use three pin grounded AC cords.

The only fix is to prevent the the DC, so there is no real fix I can think of to your situation at this point I'm afraid. Only other option would be to find a monitor with no DC present on DP, but I don't even sure that is possible (have not looked at full DP tolerance spec myself) given the fact that the transceivers need to be at standby to accept a wake up signal. I am not sure if other GPUs leak power like this back into the board from DP either.

Raja,

I am trying to understand the impact of your last statement.

Are you saying that possibly Rampage IV does not support ATI Eyefinity configuration with HD 6990 and maybe other ATI GPUs over displayport connections with ASUS VE278Q monitors?

That would be quite a severe limitation...

Thanks.
    Last edited by roadczar; 01-31-2012 at 09:05 PM.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array

Quote Originally Posted by roadczar View Post
    Shamino,

All three monitors use three pin grounded AC cords.

Raja,

I am trying to understand the impact of your last statement.

Are you saying that possibly Rampage IV does not support ATI Eyefinity configuration with HD 6990 and maybe other ATI GPUs over displayport connections with ASUS VE278Q monitors?

That would be quite a severe limitation...

Thanks.

Can't be certain as you are the only person I know of with such an issue thus far. And if HQ can't replicate it, who knows where the fault lies.
    Last edited by Raja@ASUS; 01-31-2012 at 10:51 PM.

New ROGer Array

Lightbulb

my secondary school has them the same problem and it has disassemble this WaterBlock then take back up Waterblock and code 00 one gtx590 therefore disappeared on if she can to help her comes of too tight waterblock!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by athos67 View Post
    my secondary school has them the same problem and it has disassemble this WaterBlock then take back up Waterblock and code 00 one gtx590 therefore disappeared on if she can to help her comes of too tight waterblock!!!!
    Thanks athos67, but I'm afraid this was already suspected and tried. The waterblocks were re-seated and are not tight. My issues have very specific circumstances.

Just to be clear:

Here are the steps I just tested:

1 PC is running @ 4.5Ghz / Eyefinity w/3 monitors via 3 DPs
    2 execute windows shutdown
    3 bios button does not work
    4 remove one DP
    5 bios button does not work
    6 remove second DP
    7 bios button now works!
    8 unplug both PSUs
    9 connect one of monitors via DVI
    10 power both PSUs
    11 bios button still works!
    12 boot up @ 4.5 GHz
    13 no code 00
    14 execute windows shutdown
    15 bios button still works!
    16 repeat steps 12 - 15 - no issues!
    17 execute windows shutdown
    18 remove DVI
    19 bios button still works!
    20 plug in second DP and boot up
    21 no code 00
    22 execute windows shutdown
    23 bios button does not work
    24 plug in third DP and boot up
    25 code 00
    26 unplug and power drain
    27 boot up
    28 code 00
    29 unplug and power drain
    30 boot up
    31 OC failed message
    32 F1 and F10 save
    33 boot up @ 4.5 GHz / 3 monitors via dp

Super Moderator Array

please let me know exact model of display port cable you have!
    pinxx of Cable should be floating and not connected BUT some nameless companies made cables with them connected at both Ends!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast