cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6700k with a z270 board

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Dear Forums. Hi Guys. Since now Z270 is getting more and more on the spotlight, i have some questions before i hang myself on the pole!.

1. Can i use my 6700k on the new z270 boards? the reason that I am asking is that i find more appealing the new ones. I am not going to do 5.0 or anything. some light 4.6. If i can use these 6700K is better the ROG or Strix models. (i also own a 1080 A8G model. If the board will work ok without any problems, it will be nice to someone to help me or guide me on the settings. I use bios only. no apps, since day one i can not use those.
2. I own F4-3200C16Q-32GTZB right now. these modules are ok to use on z270? i check the list and as many letter change depending the configuracion. I am ok with it?
3. Cooler, i have a H115i. will work ok? since these model have all by software, i can use the AIO port to put the 1 wire there and the rest on the CPU fans?

Any help will or experience will be nice. I could get the new 7700k but since i have mine i can start with it. later on the road i could purchase one.
Learn, Play Enjoy!
3 REPLIES 3

Raja
Level 13
1. Yes.
2. You will have to try. As its DDR4-3200, you may need to manually tune to get things stable, or you may not.
3. Yes, plenty of fan headers for you to use.

panzlock
Level 12
Itzycharles wrote:
Dear Forums. Hi Guys. Since now Z270 is getting more and more on the spotlight, i have some questions before i hang myself on the pole!.

1. Can i use my 6700k on the new z270 boards? the reason that I am asking is that i find more appealing the new ones. I am not going to do 5.0 or anything. some light 4.6. If i can use these 6700K is better the ROG or Strix models. (i also own a 1080 A8G model. If the board will work ok without any problems, it will be nice to someone to help me or guide me on the settings. I use bios only. no apps, since day one i can not use those.
2. I own F4-3200C16Q-32GTZB right now. these modules are ok to use on z270? i check the list and as many letter change depending the configuracion. I am ok with it?
3. Cooler, i have a H115i. will work ok? since these model have all by software, i can use the AIO port to put the 1 wire there and the rest on the CPU fans?

Any help will or experience will be nice. I could get the new 7700k but since i have mine i can start with it. later on the road i could purchase one.

1.) Both CPU's are compatible with 1151 sockets and the 6700K was tested on Z270 motherboards so yes: http://www.hngn.com/articles/220475/20161208/intel-kaby-lake-core-i7-7700k-vs-skylake-6700k-performa...

2.) Use G.Skill's RAM Configurator to check RAM compatibility. Your model of RAM is supported by Z270 chipset MB's but check for the specific MB you have/will purchase: http://www.gskill.com/en/configurator?manu=29&chip=2859&model=2866

3.) Cooler will be fine.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Thank guys! i was thinking getting the top strix or the code cause the WIFI but the hero is ok!. I will check the links and order my board on the weekend. as soon I have the board I will send some msg for help in all . I know my way on the build. but some stuff I need help on the configuration of the bios. *thank a lot!
Learn, Play Enjoy!