cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M.2 SSD setup & install questions...

marubal21
Level 7
I'm planning adding a M.2 SSD to my system as the primary drive (OS and most active games) and keep my current HDD as storage (pictures, media, etc...). The drive i'm looking to add is the 1TB Samsung 960 EVO or PRO not sure how wide i want to open the wallet up. My question is, aside from updating my bios to the latest version, is there anything special i need to do or setup with this motherboard to be able to boot windows 10 from M.2 SSD?

Thank you!
4 REPLIES 4

Chino wrote:
Install Windows in UEFI mode. 🙂

Why is that? A particular reason or just preference?

emsir
Level 8
marubal21 wrote:
I'm planning adding a M.2 SSD to my system as the primary drive (OS and most active games) and keep my current HDD as storage (pictures, media, etc...). The drive i'm looking to add is the 1TB Samsung 960 EVO or PRO not sure how wide i want to open the wallet up. My question is, aside from updating my bios to the latest version, is there anything special i need to do or setup with this motherboard to be able to boot windows 10 from M.2 SSD?

Thank you!

What i did was:

Installed a fresh copy of Windows 10.....

In BIOS I went into boot menu and in Secure BOOT I changed to other OS. In Secure keys I deleted the keys. Boot from USB with Windows and let the setup do it's job. When Setup ask to restart I hit Delete. When restart and in Bios i went back to Secure Boot and set the Other OS to UEFI.
In Secure keys I Installed the Secure keys. Hit F10 and YES. Rebooted and finished installation of Windows.