MonitorLG 34UM67-P 34" Class 21:9
    Storage #1Samsung 850evo 250g x2 raid0
    CPU CoolerWatercool Heatkiller IV
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG
    Power SupplyAntec Edge 750
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Sennheiser Gaming ONE

Ignore the drama, AIO is fine, I have one on my x99 right now.

I'm in the process of actually sitting down and working on my x99 properly for the first time in a year.

You need to look at thing's like system agent and vccio, Just 10 minutes ago I used those to help me get my "XMP" spec's in manual mode.

It's a learning experience, every time I learn about a specific setting it allows me to do something new. Just keep asking questions and listen to the people who give useful feedback.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffalot View Post
    I use ROG Realbench for the tests. I have the XMP switch enabled on the board and in bios too. I must admit that the switch alone will not work, to enble the XMP speed and timings. Didnt touch the jumper, cause i didnt consider 4.000Mhz as extreme overclocking. As you all say that 1.35 core voltage is high, i will try to lower it to 1.25 and see what will happen . 3.900Mhz is stable for sure, didnt had any BSOD or hangs etc. while stress testing or working. Problems start with 4.0Ghz and with 4.2-4.4 it will become really unstable with occasional blue screen and so on.
    See if you can get your CPU overclock stable without enabling XMP. In other words, run your memory at stock defaults (2133MHz).

ROG Member Array Kiffalot PC Specs
    Kiffalot PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX X99 GAMING
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 5960X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4-3200 CL16 4x16GB
    Graphics Card #1KFA2 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 EXOC
    MonitorDell S2716DG
    Storage #1250GB Samsung 950 Evo M.2
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseCooler Master HAF XB EVO
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2 Supernova
    Keyboard Logitech G-15
    OS Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB
    Accessory #1 Asus Frontbay

Ok, so here is a new update.

First i need to say that the description and the chronology how to install Asus drivers are catastrophe at least. While the software as is, is really not bad, it becomes very unfunctional as soon as you start using other monitor-software.

Lets start with my Asus Frontbase: You can download the latest drivers and utilities, but the driver-setup wont update your firmware, even if it says the installation was successful. If you dont check it for yourself, you will not notice it at all and you will be left with a partial functioning piece of hardware. So if you dont check the FBFW folder and start the ROG FRONT BASE.exe there, your firmware will not be updated. To function properly, you also need to install the ROG connect Plus driver, where the funny stuff starts. You can download the driver from the support site for the ROG FRONT BASE, which is version 1.00.32 for a Windows10 64bit OS, BUT in my case there is a newer version on the support site for my ROG X99 Strix Gaming mainboard which is version 1.00.33 for a Windows10 64bit OS. The sad thing is, you cant install it It will leave you with this message "Does not support this Operating System: WNT_10.0P_64" and quits the installer.... WTF !!!

So a older version will install fine and a newer one will not install at all. Same goes for the Realtek audio driver, just the opposite way. The ROG FRONT BASE support site has a newer driver, than the support site for my ROG X99 Strix Gaming mainboard. WTF is wrong with Asus here??? Not to mention that all this stuff is undocumented, like i.e. how to change your clock from 12hours to 24hours display etc.

Ok so far so good (or bad) but lets get back to topic and to the serious stuff. All my assumptions in my previous posts, regarding the stability and overclocking performance, let me thought i was doing something wrong or have a weak CPU sample. All of this is wrong and the truth (and bluescreens) lies in the inability to run the Asus Suite and the Corsair Software simultanously. This is the fault of ASUS and weak programming: "The general rule is if a monitoring program does not have the Mutants/Mutexes open you should not run ANY other monitoring software at the same time. ASUS AI Suite does not, so if you run any other monitoring program at the same time you are effectively playing Russian Roulette, hence you will get blue screens and instability."

What I did now is, connected only the waterpump to the waterpump connector and turned the pump into performance mode with the Corsair-Link software. I disconnected all fans and connected them to the mainboard, so that the board is handling the cooling. Turned off the Corsair-Link software and started the AI suite with the 5-way program. Now i have a stable 4.3 Ghz overclock with 1.25V Core Voltage and it never gets hotter than 73celsius in a 1hour stress test with Asus Realbench. The only downside is the RAM that only runs with 2666Mhz instead of the XMP Profile with 3200Mhz. So thats something where i need help, as i wish to run the RAM with the XMP profile, even if it means a little less Ghz for the CPU. Sadly i cant tell the 5-way-program from the AI suite, that it should keep the XMP profile or at least i dont know how. You may ask now, why i want this. The reason is, i had better benchmark results with 3.9Ghz and the XMP enabled RAM profile, as I have now with 4.3Ghz and only 2666Mhz RAM. So i think RAM speed does matter a lot.

The last wish is, to exactly understand the 1-click overclock of the ROG Frontbase. Its nowhere explained how this really works. I only know that my board supports only 1-level OC with the ROG Frontbase, whatever this means. I would like to assign one working OC profile to this button, but i dont know how to do this .

Any help here is highly appreciated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2